Corsair Community

RMA Request CM2X1024-6400C4DHX

Legionx

Well anyways 3 months ago i ran into some problems with my 3 year old computer that would not boot. After 1 week of testing i found that one ram chip was preventing my computer from booting so i RMAed that set. A week later i noticed random programs would close did another memory test and came back with errors so had to RMA that set also. I got back the first set three weeks later everyhting worked no memory errors at all. Got back the second set installed computer booted everyhting seem to be working so i thought. First i started to get random crashes while playing world of warcraft the crashes always indicated memcpp and indicating not enough hard disc memory which shot me off. Since my hard drive is new decided to do a chkdsk and came back with 0 bad sectors then decided to also use windows 7 memory checker came back no errors. The next day found out over half a dozen Windows 7 files were courrpted. So i reformated and installed everyhting for a few days everyhting was working then got anothr crash while palyting a game pointing to memcpp at that point i finally had enough and decided to check the RAM with memtest86 which showed over half a dozen errors. I then took out two chips and ran memorytest again and got zero errors and then removed them and installed the other two chips in the exact same slot and got many memory errors. So i'm requesting an RMA for these chips and hopfully this three month ram nightmare will end.

• Corsair Employees

Let's get them replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them.

With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR667 and set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived