Corsair Community

Having Issues with Corsair 750TX

crude

So basically the 750tx won't run my fans. Now just to make sure I have to connect the fan connectors into the molex connectors and thats it, right?(ofcourse then power on the PSU to run the fans). So I connected all 4 of my fans and had the 24-pin connected into the motherboard (was putting a system together and then realized I haven't tested the PSU out but forgot to take the 24-pin out and also the Heatsink/Fan fan header). So those are the things that are connected to the PSU, and all the molex connectors are filled on one wire but I don't know what the pin on the end of the wire is so I tested the PSU without it, this is what happened. The back fan runs but the speed is so low that you can't feel it pushing any air, top fans won't run and if it does it starts and stops in a second or 2 so basically the blades move and then stop. That is also the same with the front LED fan but the LED is flickering on and off. The PSU gave a very strong smell from the time I opened up the box (retail), nice bag btw, and that was BEFORE I did anything with the power supply, also when I turn the PSU using the switch I can hear a low pitch noise coming from the PSU sometimes and sometimes the lights in my room will flick. Also I found that a wire is missing from the 24-pin so its a 23-pin and I'm afraid it might have damaged my motherboard and the rest of the parts.

Any help would be great.

i didnt understand much of that but the smell is normal when you first open it and i think that missing pin is normal too.. dont remember why too tired to think. i think the corner is ground. 20-pin works, some are 20+4 tied together. long story short i'm confused, reading english gets hard when i'm tired. good day

Archived