Corsair Community

bluescreen pfn_list_corrupt

rick475

Hi,

i'm getting this pfn_list_corrupt bluescreen a lot. Here's a few things i've done so far :

-Reinstalled windows 7 64 many times

-Installed windows 7 with 2gb, seemed stable a few days

-chkdsk /f /r

-windows memory diagnostic

-memtest86

Is that problem related to memory ? And is it possible to get faulty memory even if memtest can't find anything ?

thanks

So, you confirm that the pfn_list_corrupt bluescreen is definetely caused by memory ?

I'll check out the bios in a while, my cpu is at 333 fsb so my 800mhz memory is probably undercloked at 667mhz on auto mode on my Gigabyte EP45-UD3P motherboard. I've never played with timings before, why is it necessary that i changed them to 4-4-4-12 ?

edit :i've just checked my bios, it seems the memory is running at 800mhz 4-4-4-12. The voltage is showing 1.8 in the bios, but my gigabyte hardware monitor is showing 2.112 once in windows.

thanks

• Corsair Employees
So, you confirm that the pfn_list_corrupt blue screen is definitely caused by memory?

NO That is not what I said!

If you are getting that error and you do not get any errors on http://www.memtest.org or the Microsoft Diag utility that would suggest it may be a driver or BIOS issue. How many modules are installed and what are the BIOS settings for both CPU and memory?

I just got feedback from microsoft from the dmp files i've sent them regarding the pfn_list_corrupt bluescreens and they say it's definetely memory related. I'll run another memtest86 tomorrow, if it's negative I guess i'll have to blame the video card memory...

RAM guy, if I send you a dmp file by mail could you give me a 2nd opinion ?

thanks

Archived