Corsair Community

problem

nikson

If something smells like a rat it usually is a rat and I can smell a rat here and now. I have been struggling with a P5K board and a pair of TWIN2X2048-8500C5D (4GB). Finally after over 2 years of BSOD and computer freezing every now an then I found this thread.

I have managed to solve my problem by lowering the FSB from 800 to 667, turning up the CPU voltage slightly and also turning up the P35 North Bridge voltage. Now, why in heavens name must I do that? One would assume that the default BIOS settings should work fine. But no, they don't. I have to UNDER CLOCK my computer in order to make it work. Does that sound sound to you? Of course not. The P5K and the TWIN2X2048-8500C5D is an awful mix. The parts doesn't comply to the specs. Who's to blame? I have lost at least 100 hours in trouble shooting. Who's gonna make that up for me?

"I'm bitter and malign." Tonio K. - Life in the Foodchain.

If something smells like a rat it usually is a rat and I can smell a rat here and now. I have been struggling with a P5K board and a pair of TWIN2X2048-8500C5D (4GB). Finally after over 2 years of BSOD and computer freezing every now an then I found this thread.

I have managed to solve my problem by lowering the FSB from 800 to 667, turning up the CPU voltage slightly and also turning up the P35 North Bridge voltage. Now, why in heavens name must I do that? One would assume that the default BIOS settings should work fine. But no, they don't. I have to UNDER CLOCK my computer in order to make it work. Does that sound sound to you? Of course not. The P5K and the TWIN2X2048-8500C5D is an awful mix. The parts doesn't comply to the specs. Who's to blame? I have lost at least 100 hours in trouble shooting. Who's gonna make that up for me?

"I'm bitter and malign." Tonio K. - Life in the Foodchain.

I have run more than 1 P5K with 2 different kits of our PC8500 as my daily user and never had an issue. It's possible you simply have a board with a weak memory controller. If you believe the memory to be at fault, we'll happily replace it.

Archived