Corsair Community

X series Original firmware

FuLLm0On

My X64 has stopped working properly, and even hangs BIOS during boot up if plugged into certain controllers. I'd like to try reinstalling the firmware if possible in case it's corrupted perhaps?

I realise there is no update Is the original firmware available anywhere?

Thanks.

I've not seen this firmware for download anywhere - I doubt you could use it even if it was available as there is currently no utility to flash the firmware to the drive. This is what is causing the delay for the new X-Series firmware ... the flashing utility.

Have you changed anything in your setup that may have caused this problem? For example new drivers, new hardware, new software installations, etc. If so can you boot into safe mode and undo the changes?

If this is not the problem try removing all other drives from your m/b and put your SSD onto Sata port 1. If it boots up OK then the problem is not with your SSD but could be something else. If it's still the same then I would suggest that you try an OS repair of Windows 7 (use the installation disk and choose Repair My Computer) and see if that turns anything up. Failing all this then it looks like it might be a RMA job, but try these few things first and see what happens.

Thanks for the suggestions, but I'm beyond those solutions unfortunately. Windows 7 doesn't even detect the drive to do a repair, and if I load it up from a different HDD/OS, the storage manager crashes when trying to initialise the SSD.

It was my hope that by flashing with the original firmware, that my data would remain in tact but it was certainly a long shot. Thanks for confirming that's not possible.

I will return to distributor today and start all over again. I think I'll take this opportunity to get a credit rather than a replacement, so I can get an SSD that supports TRIM.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Archived