Corsair Community

XMP profile freeze or bsod with Asus Rampage II Extreme

pharrell

Hi:

I have 2 sets of corsair pc16000 memory.(CMG6GX3M3A2000C8 6gb kit and CM3X2G20000C8GT 6gb kit). When I tried to set it to XMP profile to run 2000 Mhz, it appears cold reboot, freeze or BSOD. Is that because I have 2 different model sets? I did the research on the web and was trying to reach 2000 Mhz on Manual, so i tried the XMP profile.

I know they are both in 8-8-8-24. I ran memtest on them and there are no errors. Is that possible that I got the defective memory? I'm stable when i set below 1600Mhz, but just can't get over 1600. I tried to adjust the QPI voltage but it didn't help. Can some one please help? or post your setting

Thank you

Here's the info and the setting for my pc

Rampage 2 mobo

Intel i7 975:

CPU Ratio: 24

BCLK: 143 MHZ CPU voltage:1.2v( I try 1.3 also) at 3443.8Mhz

QPI voltage: 1.60v

DRAM BUS voltage: 1.65v

Corsair:CMG6GX3M3A2000C8 6gb 8-8-8-24

Corsair:CM3X2G20000C8GT 6gb 8-8-8-24

Hi:

I have an issue right now which is I set my rampage 2 extreme bios to x.m.p at 2000Ghz(memory) profile without any changes on other things. My screen either freeze or have a cold reboot. My system was stable when everything set to auto which is at 1333Ghz. Can somebody help me to get my system stable to run at 2000Ghz? I try to adjust the voltage and qpi higher to juice them but it doesn't help.

Mobo: Rampage II extreme

CPU: Intel I7 975 run at 3.33 without any OC

Memory: R3X6G2000C8GTF 6gb kit

Video card: Asus GTX 295

Hi:

since i know I can't run with 12gb at 2000ghz on the memory, I just return one set of the memory. So I'm currently using the R3X6G2000C8GTF 6gb kit only right now with the setting I post before. Intel i7 975, Rampage II extreme , Asus GTX 295 ( single or sli) on X.M.P. but it still freeze when i login to win7. And sorry about the multiple threads on the same topic.

Let me describe me situation again.

I'm currently running with 3 modules of R3X6G2000C8GTF 6GB kit with the X.M.P profile.( I don't OverClock on the CPU) And every time when I log into Win7, I will either freeze or reboot. Everything ran stable when I set my ram speed at 1333hz. Do I need to request for RMA? or I just need to set up something in the BIOS?

• Corsair Employees

What stepping is your CPU (D0 or C0)?

And have you tried the modules one ata time to see if you can isolate one of the modules causing that?

I would try setting the memory frequency manually to DDR1866 and see if its more stable if they all pass one up.

It may be the CPU you have just does not like to be over clocked that much.

What stepping is your CPU (D0 or C0)?

And have you tried the modules one ata time to see if you can isolate one of the modules causing that?

I would try setting the memory frequency manually to DDR1866 and see if its more stable if they all pass one up.

It may be the CPU you have just does not like to be over clocked that much.

My steeping is D0 I7 975. I tried ddr 1866 but the issue still appear.

I have no idea about Asus motherboard settings, I would recommend you asking people who have your motherboard what settings to use.

Is QPI voltage on your board the same thing as VTT? I mean, if it was, your CPU is probably DEAD. 1.6 V on the VTT is insane.

• 1 year later...

I have similar problems here.

Asus Rampage II extreme never works normally from day 1. HX3X12G1600C9 12GB DRAM but rarely I can use all those. Three modules of 6GB seems to run smoother.

Use XMP and this memory automatically change to 1600, MB sometimes complains overclocking failed.

Win 7 64 bit system will mysteriously freeze, hangs, BSOD. A lot of times, reseating the RAM slot works but not always.

Used Memtest86 with no errors found.

what is the best/stable parameters should I use? What is Rampage II's 2101 BIOS' profile defaults to?

I am just hoping to get a working system, not overclocking, not gaming. All I wished is a stable computer, seems like a luxury these days...:mad:

• Corsair Employees

pharrell

Did you try installing just one module and then load setup defaults and enable XMP? If so what was the out come?

And I would try and set the CPU/QPI Voltage to 1.4 Volts at DDr1866 and see if its stable with XMP enabled

I tried installing each module (all three of them) and they all boot up fine. I will try to set CPU/QPI to 1.4 (its 1.35 right now) but I am afreaid the DRAM gets hot. Two days ago, I put in all six modules and ran at default with XMP, the RAm was super hot and that was only 1.35V.

My problem is the crash is so random, no way to predict when and what is the right configuration.

I got a DX58so2 motheboard. Same chipset X58. I will tri to help you with my experiance with 2000mhz memory.

So i look to your 2 deferant memory kit. It about the same so it sould worck.

But ther is a some adjusment to do.

Firts Try your 2 kit separetly to see if all casting is the same wend set to XPM profil. Im not taking ove only 8-8-8-24 but all the other value in bios advance memory timing.

If the 2 kit ave the same setting Good. A sould be able to help you setting your sytem. Thers a look to my default and overclock setting. to give you a beter andertsand ove whow you set 2000mhx memory.

---------------------------------------------------Default----------------overclock

Host clock frecancy----------------------------133.33MHz------------142.00MHz

Max Non turbo boost ratio-----------------------25x----------------------25x

Max coc turbo cpu speed----------------------3333.25GHz-------------3550.00GHz

Max turbo cpu speed---------------------------3599.91GHz-------------3834.00GHz

Turbo Active core 1------------------------------27x-----------------------27x

Turbo Active core 2------------------------------27x-----------------------27x

Turbo Active core 3------------------------------26x-----------------------27x

Turbo Active core 4------------------------------26x-----------------------27x

Turbo Active core 5------------------------------26x-----------------------27x

Turbo Active core 6------------------------------26x-----------------------27x

Memory Multiplier--------------------------------20x------------------------21x

tCL--------------------------------------------------9---------------------------8

tRCD------------------------------------------------9---------------------------9

tP---------------------------------------------------9----------------------------8

tRAS-----------------------------------------------24--------------------------24

CMD----------------------------------------------Auto-------------------------2 T

tRRD------------------------------------------------5--------------------------15

tWR------------------------------------------------10---------------------------8

tWTR-----------------------------------------------5----------------------------8

tRFC------------------------------------------------74-------------------------104

tFAW-----------------------------------------------20--------------------------38

tRC-------------------------------------------------34--------------------------51

Uncore Multiplier---------------------------------20x-------------------------21x

Memory speed-------------------------------1333.30MHz--------------1988.00MHz

Uncore speed--------------------------------2666.60MHz--------------2980.00MHz

Voltage

Memory----------------------------------------1.5125v------------------1.6500v

Core voltage--------------------------------Dinamic 1.2v------Dinamic 1.285v

IOH---------------------------------------------1.1000v-------------------1.1250v

So this is my spec And worcking.

I test 1-2-3-4-5 and 6 stick ove memory at 2000MHZ. it worck perfecly if using 5 stick or lest. With the last one in, i ave to downclock cpu host clock frecancy from 140MHz to 139MHz. Then i get 1988MHz from memory not 2000MHz but it is very stable.

You ave to boost a litle bit your voltage to so it can run stable. The memory is done automatic ly wend setting XMP profile from 1.5125 v to 1.6500v.

zzI stay dinamic wvoltage un cpu but rase it from dinamique 1.200v to 1.285v. the i7 cpu voltage is dinamic 0.800v to 1.375v. Dinamic voltage is variable so it will chang if cpu use. if u set at satic voltage it probely need mor then3.000v. Again maximun safe cpun voltage is 1.375. Finaly a rase IOH volage from 1.100v to 1.125v. All this is not a extrem raise ove voltage. But it is need if you overclock cpu. No voltage boost is memory set at 1866MhHz because ther is no overclock ove cpu host clock.

So ther is 2 profil that you can set 1866Mhz memory speedwend set back cpu host frecancy to 133MHz or allmost get 2000MHz(1988MHz) wend seting on XMP profile with 6 stick ove memory At 139MHz ove host clock . Maby you be lokyer then me and xmp profile will worck just be raising voltage to get it stable.

Just let me now.

Anyway for wath i understand, sestem ave to get more voltage wend you overclock.

Hope you understand all those number some time i get lost to.

sincerly yours

I will try to set CPU/QPI to 1.4 (its 1.35 right now) but I am afreaid the DRAM gets hot

This is not DIMM voltage and wont have any effect on memory temps. This voltage is memory controller and that is located on the CPU. So your CPU temps might rise a little and not your memory sticks. You can safely take CPU/QPI to 1.45v without any worry.

• 7 months later...

Archived