Corsair Community

TW3X4G1600C9D Incompability Problems

puls4R

Greetings.

I have recently bought my new i5 configuration, it's all in my system specs.

The thing is, I think I'm having problems with your memory - I believe this one is designed for AMD processors, Phenom to be exact.

I had HD5850 and I was outperformed by same configurations as mine as far as 50% by FPS in games, and about 10-15% in some applications.

But those configurations didn't have this memory. And since I thought it was the HD5850 which is broken, I changed it for HD4890 Vapor-X.

And to my surprise, I had almost the same FPS in every single game I played.. Seemed like something was clutching the performance and keeping it at the same level. Then I asked my friend who also has the same pc as me, with your memory and everything else, and he had the same low performance as me!

And my friend had i5 750 and hd5850 with 1333MHz memory, also corsair but different series, he outperformed my 5850 and i5 rig by the above mentioned 50% in games!

And I changed the vga card, but it's still the same. I have read that i need to put timings and voltage manually, is this correct?

I doubt it's anything else, since all the people who had the same pc's like I do, used corsair memory but different type, and had really better performance!

So I'm worried about this a lot. I will ask my store to kindly switch it, because it's a bottleneck for my other parts (apparently)

Thanks for the help!

I have a lot of BSOD with this module and my eVGA P55 motherboard. I think this DDR3 aren't definitly compatible with this chipset. I don't understand why because I run it at 1066 mhz at 1.5V and the P55 will work fine at this voltage!

By the way, I'll must exchange this kit with another if my BSOD still appears.

Yes.. apparently this memory and chipset/processor dont go along together.

Around 5 guys I know that have the same configuration as me are under performing when compared to some dual core athlon or phenom processor..

I'm also holding it @ 1.5v (Everything on auto) and nothing has been overclocked.

The memory you have chosen is not ideally suited for use on a Core i* system due to the fact that it requires more than 1.65v to run at its rated speeds. Please use memory from the Intel memory solutions menu under the MEMORY tab on this page.

http://www.corsair.com/products/memory_home.aspx

Yes we know but this RAM must boot at JEDEC specification without any issue ... I'm in 1066mhz in 7-7-7-20 1.5V (autodetect by bios and type manually) and BSOD still appear. This memory aren't "suitable due to her voltage or because there are not compatible?

I know this memory was made for phenom so it probably conflicts with my hardware.. I even asked the store which is good for my needs, and they recommended this.. They're nice, so I think they will change for another corsair memory, this time for intel i series.

Just a question.. Does this conflict impact my hardware that much, because I have about 50% loss in older games and about 20% in new games.. FPS in this case.

Thanks.

Hi.

Just installed a fresh copy of my win 7 64-bit with new 1333mhz kit from another company (I personally think the dominator is probably the best kit out there.. too bad it doesn't fit my needs) and it works like a charm.

No FPS drops, stabler internet.. So it was indeed p55 and dominator kit conflict.

Post a reply when you do..

Btw when you load optimized defaults (In case you did overclock) and push the memory in, I advise you to reinstall your OS.. I didn't check how it would work in my previous OS, so I dont know will that effect anything.

Archived