Corsair Community

Problem With System Stability Issues Under Load

ComputerTechNet

You can see my crappy system specs in the drop down.

CPU-Z:

Core Speed: 3304.9 MHz

Multiplier: X15

Bus Speed: 220.3 MHz

HT Link: 881.3 MHz

1.4V -in the BIOS it's set to 1.35V But this is what CPUZ is reading and I'm sure its right.

DRAM Frequency: 472.2MHz

FSB:DRAM: CPU/7

CL:5

tRCD:5

tRP:5

tRAS:18

tRC:23

CR:2

now i think i upped the voltage on the ram +.05V or something like that.

Also I've had the cpu for almost 3 years before I though about over clocking it. Once I found out the voltages for AMD Athlon 64 X2 I noticed my voltage was set to 1.45 in the bios and the voltage on CPUZ would spike to 1.54V. Seeing that I assumed my CPU was already burnt in so i lowered the voltage to 1.25 on the bios and CPUZ shown 1.32 and it was stable. then i slowly OCed while raising the volts till i reached 3.3GHz and i had to Higher the Rams clock to be as fast as the FSB.

Thing is now my computer isn't quite stable. I can leave it on for days and I've ran CPU Burn in for 24Hours but whenever i use lots of resources like playing large games it crashes within 20 min, so I'm assuming it's the ram, but what about the ram? I really want the system to be in a 1:1 Ratio. Can anyone give some advice on the clocks? Should I loosen the timings on the ram? Up the V?

CPU-Z 1.53

Name: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+

Code Name: Windsor, Brand ID: 4

Package: Socket AM2 (940)

Technology: 90nm, Core Voltage: 1.400V

Specification: AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+

Family: F, Model: 3, Stepping: 3

Ext.Family F, Ext.Model 43, Revision: JH-F3

Instructions: MMX(+), 3DNow!(+), SSE(1,2,3), x86-64, AMD-V

Hope this doesn't make me look like an idiot, but there isn't a place to show a part # on the CPU tab.

CPU-Z 1.53

Name: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+

Code Name: Windsor, Brand ID: 4

Package: Socket AM2 (940)

Technology: 90nm, Core Voltage: 1.400V

Specification: AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+

Family: F, Model: 3, Stepping: 3

Ext.Family F, Ext.Model 43, Revision: JH-F3

Instructions: MMX(+), 3DNow!(+), SSE(1,2,3), x86-64, AMD-V

Hope this doesn't make me look like an idiot, but there isn't a place to show a part # on the CPU tab.

Also I've had the cpu for almost 3 years before I though about over clocking it. Once I found out the voltages for AMD Athlon 64 X2 I noticed my voltage was set to 1.45 in the bios and the voltage on CPUZ would spike to 1.54V.

You'll need at least 1.4v on your CPU.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived