Corsair Community

problem

etomms

I am having this exact same issue. I'm using the Gigabyte UD7 with F3 BIOS, i7 960 and the cas 8 1600 dominator 6GB set. I can run fine at 1066 and get through mem test, play games etc no problems. The second I switch to 1600 on the XMP profile, I get random freezes whenever I do anything after booting into windows 7 64 bit. My USB power also cuts out on the freezes and I cant use the keyboard after a restart untill windows has rebooted. I'm 99% sure temps aren't the issue. Real Temp and HWMonitor both look good.

If it is of any use, the error code I get on the mobo debug LED is 'C0', which apparently is 'CPU status flag test, CPU register test, memory refresh test'

I would be absolutely over the moon if someone could help me fix this so I can run at 1600!

Regards,

Thanks for the response. I have contacted gigabyte about this and am awaiting their reply. I do, however, have a feeling the USB sockets and keyboard dying are a symptom of the crash, not of whatever caused the crash in the first place. Something is making the ram or chip unstable at 1600 MHz. I guess I need to play around with the voltages to see if I can work out where it's going wrong.

i had the gigabyte Ud5 and for whatever reason i could never get the Dominator kits fully stable at 1600 mhz on that Motherboard.

Only the Xms3 Cl9 kit seemed to work properly on that motherboard with XMP enabled.

Any overclocking what so ever and i could never get it stable .

hope this helps :)

Not always the same program. Most of the time it has been 3DMark 06, but it has also happened on any games I've tried and Firefox. It also happened when I was trying to format a new drive and when I ran Spybot.

By 'crashed', I mean a full on freeze. No BSOD. Just completely frozen on whatever it was doing and is completely unresponsive to everything, bar resetting. The only difference is that I'm running the xmp profile instead of auto and the only indication of what is wrong is the 'C0' error note on the mobo debug LED.

*edit*

By the way, thanks for all the help with this. I'm sure you must get tired of all the 'my ram wont work at full speed' issues. Your time and effort is much appreciated!

It isn't a clean install since I changed the mobo, chip and ram. I was hoping to avoid it due to time constraints.

I just enabled xmp profile 1 again and this is the order of what i did and what has come up in the event viewer:

------------------------------

-enable XMP

-Start up

Warning: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller #2 is disconnected from network.

Log name: System

Source: RTL8167

Warning: Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications.

Log Name: System

Source: Wininit

-Tried to run 3DMark. Started running, then froze and restarted itself.

Critical: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Source: Kernel-Power

Warning: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller #2 is disconnected from network.

Log name: System

Source: RTL8167

Error: Audit events have been dropped by the transport. 0

Log Name: Security

Source: Eventlog

Warning: Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications.

Source: Wininit

------------------------

I don't know much about the event viewer or what these relate to, so if you need me to post the XML view of the details of any of these then I would be more than happy to.

Out of interest, I am still on the XMP profile now and am not having any problems whilst only on firefox. It seems to be mostly when I try running anything slightly more strenuous.

Archived