Corsair Community

question

JBH

I had the same question as the original poster. Wired, thanks for the answer.

However, I have a follow-up: If the CMX6GX3M3A1600C9 and TR3X6G1600C9 are the same thing but with different heat spreaders, why does the TR3X(etc.) show up in the Memory Configurator for my mobo (Asus P6T) but the CMX6(etc.) doesn't? Or perhaps more to the point, is it OK to use the CMX6(etc.) with the P6T? :confused: 'Twould really set my mind at ease if someone would give me a heads-up on that one.

(Note 1: My system specs are for the PC I'm about to assemble. My CMX6GX3M3A1600C9 kit is scheduled to be delivered on Monday, Jan. 11 and is the last piece of the puzzle. So if it's not a compatible piece, I still have time to send it back and buy a compatible one.)

(Note 2: When I search for CMX6GX3M3A1600C9 by Corsair Part # on the Memory Configurator, it does show the P6T Deluxe as a compatible board, but not the "plain" P6T. Relevant or not?)

Hi JBH,

What is the outcome? My mobo (P6T) and RAM (CMX6GX3M3A1600C9 v2.3) is the same as yours and now I'm kinda nervous. Haven't get the full system yet so haven't assemble it.

Would appreciate if you could post the results. I just a bit concern on the issue of detecting the whole 6GB in the BIOS that a lot of people is having with the same config.

Thanks.

The part number CMX6GX3M3A1600C9 is a new part number and would be the exact same part as TR3X6G1600C9.

Thanks, RAM GUY. I was hoping your answer would be something along those lines, i.e. that if the TR3X works in my setup, then the CMX6 will also.

Is it nit-picking, though, to ask why there are two different part numbers for the same thing? And is it just a matter of time, then, until the CMX6 will show up as a compatible part number in the Memory Configurator?

@kuman: My memory kit arrived today (yay!) but I probably won't be able to build until this weekend. Wish me luck! :-)

Great to know that RAM GUY ...

I though I was cheated by the local distributor. I ordered the TR3X6G1600C9 and then they ship to me the CMX6GX3M3A1600C9. They argued that the TR3X6G1600C9 was no longer available.

@JBH: Good luck to you .... and me .... :)

Heads up JBH ... I assemble my PC today and guess what ... only 2GB was detected in the BIOS .... arrghhhhhhh

Tried to enable the XMP (profile 1), same thing.

I manage to get to 4GB by putting it not all in the orange slots. But that's it, couldn't get to 6GB yet.

Search the net and this is common in ALL mobos ... and there is a lot of theories of what might cause it. CPU bend pins, cooler too tight, incompatible RAM, wrong setting in BIOS, etc etc etc ... but no solid indication of what exactly cause it .... sigh ...

Hope you can get it to work, and if you do, please share it here ya ... thanks.

For RAM gurus ... any mobo you know that definitely don't have this problem?

I'm very sad right now .....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi JBH,

How is your system?

I RMA the P6T and now the system now working fine.

But the DRAM voltage must be set at 1.66v, it did not stable at 1.64 for me. Memtest work fine for couple of hours and after 6 full tests iterations.

I manage to push it to 4Ghz easily, but the temperature seems high though (on Prime95). Around 89C after 30min in the test. :sigh!:

Built my system on January 18, and, alas, one of my CMX6GX3M3A1600C9 modules just doesn't seem to work. I updated the P6T BIOS, cleared the CMOS, adjusted voltages and tried all sorts of configurations and various other tricks, but all had the same result: each of the other two modules worked fine, but one just didn't. So, I reluctantly applied for RMA from "Nuevo Huevo" ;): and am sending it back today. Will post again when I receive the new RAM.

By the way, why and when did this thread's title change from (whatever it was) to just "question," and what happened to the original poster's post and the one or two replies that I seem to recall were there before my first post? :confused::confused::confused: They were both there for a few days, and then a week or two ago they were gone. Weird.

• 1 month later...

If this thread would have ended with kuman thanking RAM GUY I would have been much happier....

I have Cmx6gx3m3a1600c9 ver9.1 and am getting an Asus Rampage II GENE and I have 12GB on 6 sticks so if you guys have trouble with only 3 sticks - I guess I am going to have a heck of a long first month of trying to get these to work... if they will at all :(

Good luck to us all I guess......

PS @JBH

The original poster might have deleted his posts or they might have some sort of weird time-lapse thing going on inside their servers.... or something....

@Wired (post beneath this one)

Oh..... :!oops:

If this thread would have ended with kuman thanking RAM GUY I would have been much happier....

I have Cmx6gx3m3a1600c9 ver9.1 and am getting an Asus Rampage II GENE and I have 12GB on 6 sticks so if you guys have trouble with only 3 sticks - I guess I am going to have a heck of a long first month of trying to get these to work... if they will at all :(

I wouldn't worry too much. My problem was that one module just didn't work. It happens, even with Corsair. As Marilyn Monroe's character says at the end of Some Like it Hot: "Nobody's perfect." :dunno:

But my RMA went quickly, and the replacement RAM worked like a charm as soon as I put it in. I've had absolutely no memory-related problems since then.

Based on all the reviews I've read and experienced builders I've talked to, Corsair is still your best bet.

Thanks for the words of encouragement JBH :)

I was a little afraid because I got the XMS3 CL9 1600Mhz which were not clearly listed on their site as compatible with the MB I am getting - Asus GENE II isn't listed as one of the only two motherboards listed there or at the Asus site...only two Asus MB's work with this? .... This scared me a bit...plus I didn't find any review for these anywhere....although a guy on this forum said they were exactly like the other version with a different name and heatsink - maybe I'll check that out for reviews..... I really hope I'm just being paranoid..... again... :)

My computers memory is the place I ended up cutting the most corners so I am cautiously wary :) ..... and I am not in the USA - where I bought this, so the fact I can't take it back to the store is kind of freaking me out a bit :)

I thank you again for making me a bit less stressed out... and I'm happy you got everything up and running with your RAM ...

May all your days be merry :)

Archived