Corsair Community

Corsair product anouncements schedule?

kwisatzhaderach

Most companies have a certain month they announce new products. Does Corsair have a certain month that in announces its new products for the year? I know you don't talk about new products, but do you have a time frame that people should look towards? I would hate to buy an 800D with only 3 weeks left until Corsair announces a new revision, or a totally new product that might be better. I am not asking to tell me about the new products, just asking if there is any time we should be looking during the year for new product announcements.

There will be more cases to come before the end of 2010, but at this point there is not a specific time frame where I could tell you to expect an official announcement.

I know that you can't provide what amounts to pre-release info. So some questions:

1. Does Corsar announce new products only at major computer shows like CES (last week!) or CompuTex?

2. Before you release a new product, do you have outside beta testers? I know this is very common with software, :D: but I don't know how common it is for hardware, say a case or memory. :confused:

3. If you do use outside beta testers, how do any of us join the program? :biggrin:

• Corsair Employees

We will usually have press releases every week or so which will appear on our home page (http://www.corsair.com) or our Blog (http://blog.corsair.com/). New product announcements will usually be found there. We do not always wait for a major show to release new product information, but if the timing is right then a big show like CES is the perfect time :).

Public beta testing is not usually necessary for our products, but in the times that we do need beta testers we will usually look for people from our forum and we will post a new thread in the proper section with all the information. Our recent SSD firmware beta test was a good example of this.

Ram Guy thanks for the info. I am one of the Hardware and Tech forum moderators at the Strategy Informer website. Would you mind if I post this info over on our site? We have have several people that have bought or really like the 800D and are looking forward to new designs that might come out later. Would you mind if I quoted you about new case designs released possibly later in the year?

Our policy is to not give any details until there is an official product announcement from our Marketing team. Watch for the press releases.

What he said. :biggrin:

That's all any company would say about unannounced new products. No sense in giving the competition something to shoot at in advance. :laughing:

And no sense in "doing an Osborne." :roll: You can look that one up if you need to. :D:

x509

Archived