Corsair Community

CMG4GX3M2A1600C7 -XMP profile incorrect,cant run 1600

Bobby Bec

Hello all.

I had corsair CMD4GX3M2A1600C8 but one of the 2 modules was giving me problems so i decided to replace the Kit.

However the shop from which bought this ram from didn't have more of this model so i decided to give some more money and get this CMG4GX3M2A1600C7 which apparently was the last kit of that model they had lol.

So now i cant run this ram at 1600 no matter of what.

Load Default BIOS and set the Profile to XMP save and quit - the result is that i cant load windows.I also noticed that when i set XMP my bios report 8-7-7-20 which for me is strange since i think it should be 7-7-7-20

If i set my memory to auto it works fine but at 9-9-9-26/1333/ witch i think is not acceptable for ram that should work at 7-7-7-20/1600

I think the XMP profile is incorrect and that give me troubles.

Should i request RMA and will you accept it ?

Here is CPU-Z MEMORY and SPD tabs

CPU-Z.thumb.jpg.862a7f59cd9b586030fc977bacd32c42.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Please allow us 24 hours to respond.

The SPD is incorrect on your modules so we will replace them for you. Use the link to your left for Request an RMA.

My apologies, this one indeed slip through the cracks. I misread the date. I'll go have another cup of coffee now. ::pirate::

• 1 month later...

Hello again,

Just got my RMAed memory back and now again i have XMP problems .

I installed the new modules and cleared CMOS.

Load Default BIOS and set the Profile to XMP my bios report 8-7-7-20 instead of 7-7-7-20

CPU-Z shows that the XMP profile for the new ram I received is blank and missing

Is this the way it should be ?

untitled.thumb.JPEG.091d19d95eb17c92b0ca156e40773922.JPEG

IMG_1043.thumb.JPG.be91e9b21ff97596e5d1c04d1e227826.JPG

Hello again,

Load Default BIOS and set the Profile to XMP my bios report 8-7-7-20 instead of 7-7-7-20

CPU-Z shows that the XMP profile for the new ram I received is blank and missing

Bobby,

You need to make sure that you have the latest BIOS version for your particular motherboard before you can reliably run this particular kit at its advertised speed and timings. The BIOS version which was originally installed on your motherboard might not have all of the correct XMP profiles supported.

Hello again,

Please post your RMA number here for me or you can send it in a PM. ::pirate::

Archived