Corsair Community

Strange X64 ATTO results..

kijola

I did nothing to the drive when I initially received it other than allow Windows 7 x64 to format the drive and install itself upon it. I saw some others had run the ATTO test on the drive so of course this made me curious to see how mine was faring and my results were... odd. Take a look for yourselves. What I find most surprising is the almost perfectly flat curve that is the performance of the drive on files ranging in size from the 16KB-8MB range. Writes of almost 170MB/s and reads of 250MB/s. Can anyone shed any light on why the drive is performing like this? Also, since I never specified the allocation size or anything, just allowing Win7 to do its own thing, is there an easy way to go back and look at the allocation size and to see if the drive is aligned? Am I getting some kind of false positive with the drive?

atto.png.b63574ae3aa1ea80ed5b1b86403edaaa.png

• Corsair Employees

The rated speed of a X-64 is 220 MB/s sequential read and 135 MB/s sequential write.

You are getting approx 170 MBps Write and 250Mbps Read so your drive is performing above spec. I do not see any problems with what you have posted.

SSD Drives do not do well with smaller file sizes so that is why the smaller file copies are so slow. You will see the same type of behavior on a spinning HDD just not as much of a difference.

I know its performing above the spec. Which is what was strange to me. I was wondering, in the interest of helping others get this kind of drive response, if you guys knew a way that I could check and see how Win7 aligned the drive and what allocation size it was. I was just, pleasantly, surprised by the numbers, especially since its the boot drive.

edit for clarity: My post wasn't a complaint, far from it, I've been quite pleased with how my X64 is performing and continues to perform and I'm just trying to give back to these forums which have been quite helpful over the years.

Archived