Corsair Community

Flash Voyager GT 16GB Not Detected By CFV Utility

SiliconAngel

As per the title, I have a Flash Voyager GT 16GB that was reconfigured as a bootable drive, however only 4GB was available so it was then reformatted using SD Formatter V2.0 and the full 16GB is now available, but I can't get the Corsair Flash Voyager Utility to recognise the drive. Is there some way to restore the drive back to factory settings?

Thanks,

Trevor

Thanks RamGuy, that's a better option than the HP utility, which only formats as a 4GB partition.

I find it crazy that in 2010 we're still having to come up with what are essentially hacks to get something simple like a bootable USB flash drive working - why don't major manufacturers like Corsair support this sort of thing out of the box???

Actually, the reason I'm doing this is I carry at least 50 CDs & DVDs with me everywhere, so I want to stick them on something portable, but as many of them need to run at boot time I'm looking at options for running a menu to select the one I want at the time. It's proving not so straight-forward so far!

Thanks RamGuy, that's a better option than the HP utility, which only formats as a 4GB partition.

not true, you could do either fat32 or ntfs to their capacity ceiling for that file system.

you may be thinking of fat which does have a 4G roof.

i had an 8 gig handy for the pic.

attachment.php?attachmentid=6343&d=1262898036

8gnoprob.thumb.JPG.caa0e62599a8adf0f4be5b9a542889f3.JPG

As for formatting with NTFS, I understood that you definitely shouldn't format a flash drive as NTFS due to constant small writes to the drive, causing premature wear?

Thanks Synthahol, I think that utility is actually a different one to the one I've used previously as it has more options, I shall give that a look :-)

Archived