Corsair Community

H50 heat warning upon boot up

gene1234

I just finished building a workstation to run CAD. Assembly went well except brackets didn't fit my 1156 and had to be cut. Now they are in tight on my Asus P7P55D-E.

Problem: First boot I got a high temp warning from the BIOS of 98C so I shut down, reattached the cooling unit over the CPU and replaced the two 3/4 pin plugs to different headers. Second attempt booted up fine, all went well, installed Windows 7, ran for an hour at 40C from the BIOS and 30C from the ASUS temp software (no overclock-all stock settings). Installed my video card software, shut down and rebooted got the 98C temperature warning again on the boot up. Tried to get it to go into Windows so I could check the other temp software, but it would not, had to shut down. Afraid to try again without further instructions or I will fry CPU. BIOS indicated that CPU was running correctly on Auto as an Intel 860. The fan on the radiator is running, but it seems the water pump is not, but not sure, no idea how to test.

Suggestions please

Ok I can do that....

not to sound simple but how do I determine if pump is working? Is there a proper sound the pumps makes, or a vibration? One of the benefits of this system is little or no noise, so I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

Ok I can do that....

not to sound simple but how do I determine if pump is working? Is there a proper sound the pumps makes, or a vibration? One of the benefits of this system is little or no noise, so I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

You can feel the vibration from the pump when its on. If your lucky like mine it will make no noise.

Archived