Corsair Community

HX1000W or Motherboard problem?

jmanbro

Everything has been fine for the last 4 months since I built the system now I have a recurring problem. If the system is left off for more than a day it has problems turning on. I will push the power button and nothing will happen. Then if I hold it down for like 20 or more seconds then release and push it again, it will power up the fans and lights off and on quickly for 3-6 times and then stop. I then repeat the procedure for 20-45 mins and sometimes it will finally power on. If it has been running and I shut it down and power back up or restart it has no problems. Once running it is also fine. Very confused.

• 4 weeks later...
Reading more about cold boot issues, I decided to try something a little weird that seemed to work. I got my girlfriends hair dryer and blew it into the PSU for 2 minutes on high heat and then the computer fired right up. Probably still need to RMA the unit.

Try the Quick Functionality Test linked in the stickies here in the PSU section. Do it when the PSU is cold. That may help you determine if it is the MOBO or the PSU. If you conclude that you need a PSU RMA, use the link on the left side of this page to Request an RMA.

Archived