Corsair Community

CMG4GX3M2A1600C6 Setting question

wreckage

Im trying to set it to run 1600mhz in my xms profile instead of 1333mhz.When i select XMP profile in my AI Tweeker below it says extreme memory profile disabled and it will not pick up more than 1333mhz any suggestions on setting this up?Thanks

CMG4GX3M2A1600C6 Ive had a very hard hard time setting this memory up on my asus p5q3 deluxe if i run it at 1600mhz i get the bsod runs great at 1333mhz thou.When try the xmp setting it changes nothing then i got to reading most dominator says that a particular mem is has or is xmp or xms memory but when i wread about this model is doesnt am i doing something wrong in settings or is this just not a xms memory CMG4GX3M2A1600C6 :mad:

but why wouldnt 8 gig work [4 modules] word if i was running it instead of 2 [4 gig]modules thanks for the help

Your profile in your dropdown shows 4 x 1GB modules. Update your specifications please if they are different from what is in the dropdown menu.

4 modules is twice the electrical load of 2 modules. The system cannot run as fast with 4 modules as it can with 2.

Please refer to your manual. The memory controller aka north bridge aka memory controller hub is the part of the chipset that allows the CPU to communicate with the memory. When running above stock speeds, running more than 2 modules, or both you will typically need to raise this voltage above the stock setting.

Archived