Corsair Community

performance problems corsair x256 ssd

ferrarimik

I have problems with my new x256 drive the install of windows 7 completed and no problems so far, but when i decided to install fallout 3, i got some wierd fps problems i run whit 60 fps avg. sunddenly 0 fps and a freez in the game it lasts about ½ second and then it repeats again and again. The same story happens in dirt 2, im running both games at 1920*1200 aax4, i then tried the same games on my old hdd and then i have no problems, i have used both windows vista/7 64bit and i have also done a ATTO disk benchmark test. the ssd and hdd runs whit AHCI setting.

atto.thumb.jpg.9f330fdab5a4669c6a20b78ca6d4380b.jpg

• Corsair Employee
I would suggest you image the drive to another HDD and then Wipe it with Parted magic and then image it back to the SSD and run ATTO again, you should be getting about 240 MB/s sequential read and 170 MB/s sequential write

i format my drive i got 180-190 write speed, and 260-270 read speed. I installed dirt and fallout 3 again no problems but 1 day later and im down in write speed again 90-100 write and 250-260 read

This is normal as you load more on the disk. You have more I/O activity and SSD efficiency decreases very slightly as gets full.

Archived