Corsair Community

Will Hydro Cooling System Survive Sub Zero Temps

Ken429

I'm about to buy the H50 cpu cooler but am curious what liquid is used and will it cause a problem it it gets caught in sub zero temps while shipping. Seems like the liquid used is some sort of secret since I have been unable to find any specifications.

Thats where I got mine also, good choice because IF you need to return it you can on the spot no questions asked..........No RMA, nothing... Same day in & out. In my book thats worth $20 at least. I bought my case there & it was cheaper then online I was totally surprised!

I now have the H50 installed after a few modifications. I guess every case is slightly different and it would be impossible for Corsair to provide screws to cover all the issues. But... it would seem that a few short screws to attach the fan to the radiator would be a nice addon. I ended up using extra screws for attaching the power supply to the case to attach the fan directly to the radiator. They are probably a little too short for the job since only about three threads hold the fan in place. This allowed me to use the case fan grill along with the rubber bushings and screws that came installed on the original case fan. In the end H50 is a great additon to the system. The first couple of tests indicate the CPU temperature dropped by 10-13 degrees C! The drop in temperature is from an $60 premium air cooler!! Some of that improvement I'm sure can be attributed to the new Lian Li PC P50 case but the biggest percentage of the drop in temperature has to be H50 system. One more very happy H50 user, Corsair. Now I'm getting greedy and want to try the push pull setup. Does Corsair sell the four wire fan separately? Or should I consider a third party fan(s)? Do the fans have the four wire connector? Short of spending $5 for a nice 4-wire shielded CPU fan Y-connector and $7 for shipping is there an alternative supplier?

I'm about to buy the H50 cpu cooler but am curious what liquid is used and will it cause a problem it it gets caught in sub zero temps while shipping. Seems like the liquid used is some sort of secret since I have been unable to find any specifications.

I know you got it already, but chances are quite slim. The freezing temp is somewhere around -7 to -10 deg C.

Archived