Corsair Community

TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF Fault

Richchad

I have an Overclockers Ultima OC 8800GTX" Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40GHz @ X6950+ 3.40GHz+ Quad Core SILENT DDR2 System, in Febuary 2009 one memory stick failed, and I replaced both sticks with 4GB DDR2 XMS2 Dominator PC2-8500C5, system has been running fine up until last week when after BSOD ran a memory test and immediately it flagged up a fault, removed one stick, fault still there, swapped sticks and fault cleared so it would appear that one stick of my less than a year old memory has gone duff.

This is the second time in just over 2 years that one stick of memory has failed, just wondering if I should be checking anything else that might be causing it.

Running PC with just 2GB in one slot at moment, looked at CPU-Z and DRAM Frequency is 408.0 MHz

I have contacted Overclockers where I bought the memory from and they are asking for return of both sticks for testing and will replace if a fault is found, this is a bit of a pain as will not have a working PC until replaced, wondered if I should contact Corsair direct for replacement of one stick?

Bit disappointed no replies to this, maybe someone can answer this, is there any problem leaving my PC running on just one stick of 2GB memory and not replacing second stick as Overclockers will not replace just one stick, need both back, which is a pain as it leaves me with no computer for about a week..so am tempted to forget replacing the duff stick as it doesn't seem to make a lot of difference in performance, just wondered if this is a good move or not?

Okay, thinking of buying this memory PC6400 / 1GB / 800MHz / DDR2 / 240pin DIMM just to keep my PC running while I return the two sticks of DDR2 XMS2 Dominator PC2-8500C5 to Overclockers.

This should be okay on my Abit IP35Pro motherboard shouldn't it? :question:

Thanks, dont think the Memory finder helps much as not sure what to look for really :!oops:

All I want to do is use 1 stick of cheap memory just to keep my PC running for email & browsing for a week or so until memory is replaced.

Archived