Corsair Community

Best settings for stability

rockville

Hi I have just installed 2 pieces of TWIN2X4096-6400C4DHX (4gig) and its working fine. I changed the voltage in the BIOS to 2.1v but the timings stayed the same. I am not using this for high end gaming only audio so I don't need to coax the last bit of speed out of the memory, on the other hand if running it at optimum speed is just as reliable then obviously I would want to do that.

So getting back to the point, what are the best settings for reliability? Should I put the voltage back to auto? Thanks

I'll try to help...

I've not read the specs on your product, but I'm assuming that its runnning at 800 Mhz and that you have left the timings set on AUTO or BY SPD. If my assumptions are correct then the default voltage should be 1.8V.

Timings won't change automatically if you change the voltage - you need to set the timings yourself. Have a look at the specs page for your product and either enter each setting manually in the BIOS or just leave everything at auto. Either way you should have no problems with stability.

Archived