Corsair Community

Is it the fan or motherboard

Ron H

Just right now my video card died out while playing GTA

When it died out the PC stopped but went back to normal but the stock fan of the H50 wasnt working. So i turned off by switching the on/off switch

When i turned it back on, there was no video cause the video card died out, the motherboard lit up normal, the fans were working but the H50 Fan wasnt. the LED indicator of the CPUFAN was lit up as normal

This never happened before

i have the MSI 790FX GD70

MORE CLEAR ON PROBLEM

Basically everything [H50 Pump & fan, and the video card] that is connected to the motherboard will not work

but anything connected to the PSU [besides the motherboard] works fine

Any ideas on what the problem might be :confused:

So you are saying that you plugged a fan into the header that the H50 was connected to & the fan runs but the H50 does not? You need to explain better more through etc....

If this is the case then yep the pump has a prob, has nothing to do with the other probs tho such as the GPU. Sounds like possible multiple failures. If one component wiggs out such as the PSU some things may work bUT it may fry other parts such as parts of the M/B, or the CPU, etc...

Id do as Campbelln97 said...........check ea. part individually hopefully in a different PC if your lucky enough to have a spare. Do you have a stock CPU aircooler? If so plug it into the CPU header & see if it spinsup while attached to the CPU & M/B.

I keep a few spare parts laying around just incase of emergencys like this such as a failed PSU or a CPU. Fastest way without a meter to tell whats dead.

Either the M/B CPU header has power or it dosent..............Whats the skinny on that?

no no

The fans that are running are the case fans that are connected directly to the PSU

the H50 Fan and the Pump are connected to the motherboard

so when turned on, everything connected to the PSU Works as normal

but the hardware connected to the motherboard aren't turned on/running

Meaning my H50 Pump and fan, and my video card will not run

but everything else besides the motherboard works fine

but the hardware connected to the motherboard aren't turned on/running

Meaning my H50 Pump and fan, and my video card will not run

but everything else besides the motherboard works fine

this really makes no sense to me at all. how do u know what is working fine and what is not if u cant even get the system to turn on properly? :confused:

i could quote heliman41, but he is saying the same as me. get your trouble shooting shoes on :)

this really makes no sense to me at all. how do u know what is working fine and what is not if u cant even get the system to turn on properly? :confused:

i could quote heliman41, but he is saying the same as me. get your trouble shooting shoes on :)

i did

both the fan and the 2 video cards work fine on another Motherboard, that is the reason why i think my 790fx gd70 motherboard is the problem

Archived