Corsair Community

Push/Pull Configuration Questions H50-1

Dehasu

I'm finally ordering the last bits and pieces of my new box and I am planning on trying a push/pull fan config with the H50-1 and have three areas I'd love input in:

1. I've narrowed my fan choices down to the Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-15 or the Scythe S-FLEX SFF21F. Do these sound reasonable? Any better choices out there?

2. When using two fans in in a push/pull are people using a fan controller, running the fans off of a molex from the PSU @100% all the time, plugging them into different MB fan headers, or using some patch cable and plugging into the same cpu fan header(if the header can handle the power)?

3. If you aren't using the CPU fan header to power the fan, is there some kind of cable that is being run from a fan to the CPU fan header so it knows a fan is running or is the CPU fan header rpm detection just being turned off in the BIOS?

Thanks in advance for any help on these admittedly boring question!

You use a Y connector and run both fans on the same cpu connection.That way thier both running at the same speed and the motherboard controls the speed.

Yes, I prefer to use a fan controller on my fans though so I can manually control the noise level.

dont just consider the RPM, look at the CFm instead as some fans with low RPM still push alot of air, also consider static air pressure too, the higher the better. I use two Akasa super silent Apache fans and they're great. i5 OC'd to 4.0GHz running intel burn test and Prime95 for 2 hours, temps of all 4 cores was about 72 max and using the stock paste on the water block.

Archived