Corsair Community

Why aren't these stupid cables longer?

MJinZ

I paid $200 for an HX850 and now I'm looking for an extension cable for the 8 pin ATX cable. :mad: You would think Corsair would include some of these things considering its own Obsidian 800D probably has no chance of reaching the 8 pin connection through the back routing.

I can get this at Microcenter: http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0315988

Or pay $7 for a Silverstone version + 6 shipping at Newegg (and wait about a week, no thanks Newegg).

Are these extension cables all the same? Is there any safety or incompatibility issue that should be made aware of?

Thanks, I bought the Xion extension. I'm glad Corsair included extensions for the 800D, but they should consider including it with the PSUs because if you are going to be buying a $200 power supply, you are definitely going to be putting it in a case that allows backpanel cable management!

Power cables should be longer anyway.

I have a HX 620 powering a Asus P5Q deluxe with a Cooler Master Hyper Z600 all installed in a ******** Ninehunderd (PSU at bottom of case) and it was a real challenge stretching the power cable from the PSU over the graphics card and around the cooler to the power connector on the mainboard. A few inches would already have made a huge difference. And this is not even a full sized ATX box.

Ciao

Itsme

I also own a hx1000 watt power supply and know the pain. Although I dont own a Obsidian case I own a pretty big case at that being the lian li P80. I thought corsair with their great power supplies and flat cables were a godsend until some of the wires just dont reach the places you wanted to go so either you forget cable management and leave the wires all over the place or get some extensions which I think is literally quite stupid when I paid £180 sterling a while back.

Apart fromt hat its a good power supply I'll give it that but attention to details like this is what is needed.

Archived