Corsair Community

1 MemTest Error 6 Passes: Test #8 with HX3X12G1600C9 in PT6 Deluxe V2, i7 Core 975 EE

PaulCheck

Hi: I had a kit of HX3X12G1600C9 that had one module without XMP profile. It ran fine, including 3 full passes of MemTest. I ordered a replacement kit (to get all 6 modules having XMP, as they should) and just tested it overnight with Memtest. The test ran for approximately 10 1/2 hours, going through 6 full passes. On the 3rd test I had one error in Test #8.

I used the stock settings in the BIOS with XMP selected. I have read that you should get *zero* memtest errors if things are working correctly, and the old kit was fine with 3 full passes. Is the error I'm getting likely something that can be tweaked away? If so, what settings do you recommend I try?

Ok, that's what I thought. I'm not familiar with changing BIOS options, although I have looked through the BIOS and have seen some voltage related stuff. The computer is not in front of me now...but do you happen to know what line to change? And, should I just change that line and just literally by one notch, then re-test? Thanks.

I see two voltage settings and I wasn't sure which one you were referring to, so I bumped both up. The second one (I believe it was DRAM Bus Voltage) I bumped all the way up to 1.64V (just below the 1.65V recommended max threshold). The first was (I believe) the QPI (?), which I bumped upo several notches.

I then ran memtest overnight with 6 full passes and no errors. Of course I had run 6 passes with just one error before, so it's still hard to say these settings are 100% stable, but so far so good.

Thanks much. P

Archived