Corsair Community

1600mhz to 2000mhz cpu temps.

Copyright

So I just installed a 2x2gb Dominator GT 2000mhz C8 kit in place of an XMS3 1600mhz C8 kit. I have (according to cpuz) at 8-8-8-24-110-1T. I was unstable at first. I added some CPU PLL Voltage to see if it helped and after that I started passing my stability tests. So far passed one our of LinX that I was initially failing. What I noticed is my CPU temps went from 79C under load to about 85C. Now I know nothing I normally do will get the temps even up to 80C.... Ive tried. Is it normal to see CPU temp rize like this went going to 2000mhz and just bumping the CPU PLL from 1.8 to 1.87 and PCH to 1.08? Also how important is it to get it stable at 1T. I noticed the ram is rated for 2T but everyone seems to want to get things stable at 1T. Thx for any help.

MSI GD65 motherboard

i7 860 @ 4ghz 1.36V 20x200

CPU VTT 1.25V

CPU PLL 1.87 V

PCH Voltage 1.08

Ram 1.651V @ 2000mhz 8-8-8-24-110-1T

Not sure exactly how to put hte XMP profile in use. I had it set using it I thought but my timings showed up as 8-8-8-26. It didn't seem right so i went into manual mode but XMP was enabled so maybe I got some more playing to do? When in XMP profile I should not have to adjust anything correct? Also, thanks for your prompt replies.

XMP Profile kept locking it to 166 and not running the ram at 2000mhz. I had to use advanced XMP mode and alter my settings to 8-8-8-24-1T but. I reset the PLL and PCH back to auto like I had my system stable before wtih the 1600mhz ram and just gave the cpu a bump in voltage to pass 40 runs of LinX. Only problem is I am failing prime after about 2 hours. The monitor goes black and wont turn back on then I have to reset the machine. I gave the CPU another bump in voltage and got the same issue. I was thinking maybe bump the ram voltage up a hair or knock the 1T down to 2T but I didn't want to take the performance hit there. Any suggestions? Would adjusting the VTT help any? I have it at 1.25V and cpu at 1.368V. I am thinking of just trying to get it stable at 2T and leaving it alone. I really thought it could hit 1T though but maybe not at these speeds.

Well I finally passed 9 hours of prime then I shut it off. I bumped the ram voltage up to 1.658 and that seems to have cured my problem. I dont see a place in bios to see true RAM voltage readings so no idea what its really at but I don't feel 1.658 is to far outside of Intel Spec.

Archived