Corsair Community

HX1000W Problem?

LA157M3

Built a new system around June 2009 and everything has worked fine until recently.

I noticed my Thermaltake case fan that spins (with lights & message) is suddenly weak and won't spin fast enough to display all the lights. At times it does spin enough but mostly it's barely running.

Obvious problem with power I think.

I ran the CPUID PC Wizard and it shows the +12volt reading to be 0.71v. Gotta be PSU, right?

I ran the same CPU ID PC Wizard 2009 on 4 different machines. All readings are correct except for the machine that's powered by the HX1000W PSU. The system runs all day long and while I play games. Haven't noticed anything except for the fans that barely run.

Definitely something going on. I haven't put a multi meter to it yet because I absolutely DREAD pulling all those cables apart and ruining my superb cable-management job...but alas...it must be done. I've finally shut the system down after seeing this reading because I don't want it to damage my motherboard or my $529 video card or other high-end gear I have inside of there.

You think this could be a motherboard issue or PSU? I'm still thinking PSU...

Archived