Corsair Community

Adobe Premiere CS4 Stability with P7P55D

Billywill

I want Adobe Premiere CS4 to run without crashing or locking. It's not. CS4 ran fine with my previous mobo.

Not sure if the memory I bought is upto running a high performance app. Maybe I should have plummed for the Dominator kind.

I too want no overclocking - just stability. and I'm not sure exactly what bios settings to turn down to improve stability.

The volts is 1.65v

I have 4 sticks (total 8GB) of cmx4gx3m2a1600c9 - running at 1333mhz - the 1600mhz speed simply doesn't boot!

I had 2 sticks, but doubled them to try and help stability. Now I note the revisions are different - I didn't know Corsair memory might be critical in mixing revisions.

The options I have seem to boil down to replacing the memory and putting my current Corsair chips on ebay. Athough I don't know for sure that the memory is a problem - memtest runs for hours without an error.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Did the system run fine @ 1600 MHz with just one pair?

Remove the first pair, replace with the 2nd pair, run @ 1600. Does it run ok?

Mixing individual memory packs is never recommended, as the 2 individual packs were NOT tested together. Most memory controllers don't like running full speed with 4 sticks.

Did the system run fine @ 1600 MHz with just one pair?

No - it was probably worse, but Asus have made some bios upgrades since then which might have helped.

I will want to run with 8GB of ram for high def movie editing - it doesn't seem that 2x4GB pairs are currently available, so it looks like I'll need to run with 4 sticks. Might this situation change?

I'm now in the mood to buy more expensive memory if I can get stability in CS4 - any recommendations?

Also memtest v4 runs for hours without errors - so do I need to use another app to test the 8GB memory?

thanks.

With a bit of BIOS tuning, you should easily be able to run 8GB. It may or may be at 1600 but, 8GB is more important than pure memory frequency based on what you have posted.

Try adding a little voltage to your memory controller, 1-3 steps above the stock setting using a single kit at 1333. Then, power down, add the second kit and test it.

Thanks Yellowbeard.

I decided to test the all dimms - by using one dimm at time and running Premiere CS4. With the rig at 1300MHz and everything except the memory voltage set to default, which I set at 1.65v, with one particular dimm it crashed over and over again, all the others were fine, so that kit has gone back to Ebuyer for replacement.

It appears I have a dimm that doesn't like Adobe Premiere. With that dimm, it also stumbled to post, losing my DVD drive.

The voltage asked for is 1.65v. Are you saying that I could so above that in the cause of using 8GB?

With a bit of BIOS tuning, you should easily be able to run 8GB. It may or may be at 1600 but, 8GB is more important than pure memory frequency based on what you have posted.

Try adding a little voltage to your memory controller, 1-3 steps above the stock setting using a single kit at 1333. Then, power down, add the second kit and test it.

The voltage asked for is 1.65v. Are you saying that I could so above that in the cause of using 8GB?

Not the memory voltage, memory controller voltage.

Archived