Corsair Community

H50 definitive installation instructions

giskard

Do such instructions exist?

The paper instructions supplied with the H50 contradict the instructions posted in this forum by Corsair staff, and because of the extra set of coarse-threaded screws included in the fitting kit (I didn't notice the difference in threads until it was too late), I ended up damaging the backplate threads and had to order a new set, so now I can't finish my new build until they arrive.

So before I attempt the installation again, what/where are the definitive installation instructions for the H50?

:confused:

They shouldnt of even put them course thread screws in the kit.Their not even listed in the instructions parts list and theres no mention of them in the video.Your not the only one that damaged thier threads with them.Only see one set even in the video and it doesnt tell you if thier fine or coarse thread.

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/6154/corsair.jpg

They shouldnt of even put them course thread screws in the kit.Their not even listed in the instructions parts list and theres no mention of them in the video.Your not the only one that damaged thier threads with them.Only see one set even in the video and it doesnt tell you if thier fine or coarse thread.

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/6154/corsair.jpg

I agree......................Kits need an appendum stating this included in the papers. How much extra could that cost.................. 1c?

The course screws almost got me too but luckly I saw the different ones also.

Hi guys, I just got that there is two kinds of screws. For AMD mounting which ones do I use the smoother ones or the more spiral ones( best way I could describe it seeing as I don't exactly know what course threaded screws are)?

The larger threads are for using your original plate, use the smaller threaded bolts for the Corsair backplate.

Archived