Corsair Community

14.8 GB Flash Voayger?

Mr.Gump

I ordered the Corsair 16gb Flash Voyager from Amazon.com the other day.

I have a few questions and I thank you for helping me out.

1.) I received the flash voyager alone. There was no string to hold it and no cd. Is this normal?

2.) When I plug the 16gb Flash Voyager into my notebook, it reads as having 14.8gbs free. Is this correct, is it actually 16gbs of storage?

3.) I would like to totally wipe the drive and format it. What would be the best way to configure it? Keep in mind I store photos and files on it, not video or any really large single files.

4.) When I transfer a 922 mb's of pictures files, they transfer at like 5 or 6mb's a second. Is that what I should expect from the Flash Voyager 16gb?

Thank you for your time.

3.) I would like to totally wipe the drive and format it. What would be the best way to configure it? Keep in mind I store photos and files on it, not video or any really large single files.

4.) When I transfer a 922 mb's of pictures files, they transfer at like 5 or 6mb's a second. Is that what I should expect from the Flash Voyager 16gb?

3) Fat32 or exFAT is your best bet when you choose to format it from 'My computer' Fat (or Fat16) only supports up to 2GB, could use NTFS but IMO Fat is better for Flash drives.

4) From personal experience 5~6mb/s is really good, I'm lucky to get 2~ mb/s from an average usb drive. But not sure if that's the norm for Flash Voyagers.

3) Fat32 or exFAT is your best bet when you choose to format it from 'My computer' Fat (or Fat16) only supports up to 2GB, could use NTFS but IMO Fat is better for Flash drives.

4) From personal experience 5~6mb/s is really good, I'm lucky to get 2~ mb/s from an average usb drive. But not sure if that's the norm for Flash Voyagers.

thank you.

what would you recomend i make the allocation unit size for FAT32?

Archived