Corsair Community

P128 upgrade firmware: No supported SSD(s) detected for firmware download

Schnulla

Hi,

I tried to upgrade my P128...

attachment.php?attachmentid=6285

...to the new firmware with TRIM support.

But after 10 seconds of scanning the upgrade tool always reports:

"No supported SSD detected for firmware download".

But the drive is shown in BIOS and POST info (with Windows 7

x64 installed)... so I don't understand why the tool cannot detect it?

I have an ASUS Striker Extreme. There is no switch for AHCI

or IDE in my BIOS as you mentioned in the upgrade guide.

Please help! :sigh!:

Thank you!

tdspohfe.png.67ae7b905880703915b4d04302e77370.png

• Corsair Employees

No a few have reported the problem as you have but we have not been able to duplicate it. Is the drive running properly except for the firmware update?

Can you call in when you are in front of the system and have our Tech support talk you through it?

Yes the drive performs properly. Windows 7 is running on it since some

months now and everything is fine (except the missing TRIM command).

A call may be possible but imho is quite inconvenient since

I'm living in Germany and I'm out (at work) most of the time.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm soon giving up this. I've now tried to upgrade my P128 on multiple systems and so far none can detect it when booting from the USB-stick.

I've created a USB boot drive via the guide which boots fine.

On all the motherboards I've tried I've made sure the bios been resetted, the SSD has been the only drive and that it either is set as IDE or ACHI.

I've tried multiple ASUS AM2 and AM3 motherboards (I can list them all if you need it) and a few ASUS Intel motherboards. I've even tried 2 different ION-motherboards.

The drive is detected as a Corsair P128 SSD in Win7 so it works otherwise. It just cant be found when the flash program looks for an SSD to flash.

As I mentioned in another thread a competitors SSD which I happened to forget in one of the systems and which also seems to have a Samsung controller actually was found as a drive that could be flashed (for fun tried to flash it but it of course didn't work :) ) so the flashprogram itself seems to work fine.

/B

@SwedBear:

There is definitely something wrong with the update tool.

BIOS detects the P128. Windows 7 detects it. Just the

update tool does not. I hope they are working on an

improved version. I guess they just have to test our

mobos in their dev office. But don't know if they are

willing to do this...

• 5 weeks later...

I am having the same issue: the tool does not detect my drive. I am using an eVGA 780i motherboard.

I have tried formatting my USB drive with FAT and FAT32. Everything boots up perfectly, I can even run MemTest from it. The updater starts just fine, the only issue is that it's not being detected.

I tried version 2.1 of the updater, still nothing.

http://www.samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/products/flash/ssd/2008/business/business.html

mine was crazy I could get the drive recognized only in one of the 8 Sata ports That I've got on my Giga 790 UD5, and sata type was configured as AHCI or IDE don't remember now.

2 funny things happens to me, first I bough a P128 that came mislabeled as S128 (but was the P) it died. Then I've got a replacement w/ right label on it, but the name of the drive displayed in system, crystaldisk info, bios is the SN.... sux.

Good part of all, I could get it updated for Trim support, and performance now is amazing, no more stuttering and performance loss across the time at all.

Bad part, I've got 2x Seagate 320GB 7200.12 unplugged now... cause there isn't Raid + trim support so I must use it in AHCI mode.

• 2 weeks later...
Has everyone in this thread resolved their issue? If not, please let me know.

I have not resolved it, I would appreciate any assistance or guidance on the issue.

Just for clarity: my P128 is detected in the BIOS and I am booting Windows 7 off it, so AFAIK the drive is perfectly functional.

I have not resolved it, I would appreciate any assistance or guidance on the issue.

Just for clarity: my P128 is detected in the BIOS and I am booting Windows 7 off it, so AFAIK the drive is perfectly functional.

Some users have stated general issues of updating firmwares on the Nvidia chipsets. Can you try using the different SATA ports? Do you have access to another system and try the flash with it?

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived