Corsair Community

Dominator GT extended fins problem

EBT34

Hello my Corsair Dominator GT Extended Fins arrived from the Corsair Online Store. Today i was planning to change the fins with the new extended ones but i couldnt do it with the allen wrench tools i have, its written 3/32'' Allen Wrench is needed i tried it with 2, 2.5 and 3 mm Allen Wrench but its not working. Whats the exact mm (cause we dont use inch measurements) to detach this fins needed. I couldnt find any more Allen Wrenchs on the electronic store here. :(

photo.jpg.a34185d37926f1dd10de246558d8260e.jpg

Thanx Wired but i already googled it. But i cant find that size in my country. :( There is only 2 or 2.5 mm . So it would be better to add the required Allen Wrench to the package. Well i think i will get some from Ebay. Any more special requirements for it ? I mean six sided Allen Wrench or 4 sided extra... or any 3/32'' can do it ?

Though not ideal and just a 1 time solution (the best to get the correct tools), you should be able to either dust down with a fine file/sandpaper a 2.5mm allen wrench, or bulk up a 2mm by using a cap made from very thin/light aluminum foil to work as a fit spacer.

Again however the best solution would be to purchase the right tool.

K2

Thanks a lot, well the problem is solved within the purchase of the right tools. It was really hard to find 3/32'' allen wrench by the way. :)

Here you can see some before and after pictures. :biggrin:

Merry Xmas, Happy Holidays! and Happy New Year!!!.

I hope Santa will bring Corsair Obsidian 800D case to my country soon. ::pirate::

http://img192.imageshack.us/g/dsc00188x.jpg/

Archived