Corsair Community

will my Memory be Compatible with these 2?

Puprle Buzz

ok so my system has been locking up due to different RAM. 2 of my RAM are Corsair CORSAIR 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Desktop Memory Model VS1GB400C3, and the 3rd one is Corsair XMS CMX1024-3200C2

Now I want to buy another 2 of Corsair XMS that would match mine, but no one got them but ebay.

My Black RAM:

Brand CORSAIR

Series XMS

Version 1.2

Model CMX1024-3200C2

Type 184-Pin DDR SDRAM

Tech Spec

Capacity 1GB

Speed DDR 400 (PC 3200)

Cas Latency 2

Timing 2-3-3-6

Voltage 2.75V

Heat Spreader Yes

Recommend Use High Performance or Gaming Memory

Manufacturer Warranty

Parts Lifetime limited

Labor Lifetime limited

2 Platinum ones from ebay:

Brand CORSAIR

Series XMS

Version 2.1

Model TWINX2048-3200C2PT

Type 184-Pin DDR SDRAM

Capacity 2GB (2 x 1GB)

Speed DDR 400 (PC 3200)

Cas Latency 2

Timing 2-3-3-6

Voltage 2.75V

ECC No

Buffered/Registered Unbuffered

Multi-channel Kit Dual Channel Kit

Heat Spreader Yes

Features Platinum Heat Spreader

Recommend Use High Performance or Gaming Memory

Manufacturer Warranty

Parts Lifetime

Labor Lifetime

would these RAM sticks go together perfectly? because the ebay one got a different volume # (mine is 1.2 and the platinum stick on ebay is 2.1) and Model # but it seems like it's the same as mine it's just that way because of platinum version I think after I googled it.

They also got another 2 sticks on ebay. it's $20 more, same exact model, only version 3.1. does that make any sort of difference?

My System:

ASUSTek Computer INC Mobo (A7N8X Deluxe)

AMD Athlon XP: Thoroughbred, Socket A 2700+

1 gig of RAM (Corsair XML 1 Gig of RAM) (3 Max)

GeForce 7600GS 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 AGP 4X/8X Video Card

PLANET WL-8310 Wireless Card

200G Seagate (Master)

500GB Wester Digitital SATA

LG DVD Writer

CORSAIR CMPSU-400CX 400W

WinFast TV2000 XP Expert WDM TVTuner

4 Fans - 3 regular, 1 92mm

Please do not double post. Also, you need to fill in your system specifications in the dropdown menu as requested at registration.

Mixing different memory is never recommended. The only way to know if it will mix is to install it and test. And, if you have a board with 4 memory slots that is set up for dual channel operation, 3 modules are not recommended. You need to use 2 or 4.

system specification? drop down menu?

anyway, i dont understand the problem with those RAM since they are running at EXACTLY SAME VOLTAGE and its EXACTLY SAME MODEL. the only difference is, mine is black, and those are platinum cooling heatsinks. also the version #, but that's it...

• Corsair Employees
With 4 modules I would suggest With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR333 and set the memory Voltage to 2.75 Volts and set the tio mings to Cas 2.5-3-3-7 and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

With 4 modules I would suggest With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR333 and set the memory Voltage to 2.75 Volts and set the tio mings to Cas 2.5-3-3-7 and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

you saying I could set the voltage the same on all 3 of my RAM sticks? cuz I mean, would that work if I just use the ones I got?

ASUSTek Computer INC Mobo (A7N8X Deluxe)

AMD Athlon XP: Thoroughbred, Socket A 2700+

1 gig of RAM (Corsair XML 1 Gig of RAM)

GeForce 7600GS 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 AGP 4X/8X Video Card

PLANET WL-8310 Wireless Card

200G Seagate (Master)

500GB Wester Digitital SATA

LG DVD Writer

CORSAIR CMPSU-400CX 400W

WinFast TV2000 XP Expert WDM TVTuner

4 Fans - 3 regular, 1 92mm

Archived