Corsair Community

SSD Bay Screws

Megalith

Well, most users have indicated that the bay screws that come with the case don't work because they're not flat-headed and prevent the bay from being able to slide back in.

In my own experience, the screws don't even fit into the SSD.

even though thier not flat, they dont catch when sliding, mine fitted no problems. although i questioned only two scres fit, the admin said only two screws are required, erm they are right.

• 3 weeks later...
As the post above mine says - the screws that came with the case will not mount a 2.5" drive and I struggled to even get the screws through the holes in the hotswap. I ended up using some slimmer screws that came with my fan controller that didn't fit in the bay :)

• 2 months later...
Has anybody found a source for the required screws? And what thread are the holes in most SSD's? They appear to be a #4 screw, anything bigger will not fit. The screws that come with the case are too big to go through the required holes in the bottom of the bracket.

• 1 month later...

In lieu of posting my own thread, this is valid.

I have a SSD and will be installing in the 800d Hotswap bay, but none of the screws fit through the holes in the bay, or even in the SSD.

Looking for some guidance on this,.

This is the best solution http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817994083

It is an Icy Dock adapter that make your SSD the same dimensions and mounting as a regular HDD. Another think I like is that you don't risk damaging the connectors on your expensive SSD by taking it in and out of the swap bay.

I liked it well enough that I bought one for my other case that does not have hot swap bays.

• 6 months later...

Archived