Corsair Community

so hard to update firmware

Lord Farken

:mad:

RAM GUY is there going to be another option to update besides the usb drive

in my pc is just not happening , I did everything tha you say to prepare the stick with the hp format tool , try different brands and sizes 2g,4g etc.

try fat32,fat ntfs it just won't boot from it ,some times it sai bootmag corrupt or say remove all disks and drives press any key

keep pooping when I press any key

IS there another way like cd-r or in a laptop using usb?

using other desktop in not option cause I am at Iraq deploy

asus gene II rampage with latest bios /i7 920/win7 64pro

128p:biggrin:

I had a lot of trouble today trying to flash this,in the end though I got it working,I had to use a 1gb memory stick and get that hp program and the windows 98 files to make the stick bootable,then extract the firmware files onto the memory stick.

Then to get the usb stick to boot I had to set the sata ports to IDE mode,made Legacy support enabled and set the removable drive as my 1st boot device then no worries the firmware flash screen came right up and I flashed the new firmware.

Not only did I have to set the first boot device as the removable drive I also had to go into the harddrive boot priority options and set the usb stick as first boot to.

• Corsair Employees

When the system starts press the escape key and see if the BOOT menu comes up, also are you setting the BOOT menu in BIOS to boot to the USB Drive?

Have you tested the USB drive on another system to make sure it is bootable?

Did you run the HP utility on a system with Windows XP and only one HDD and no other USD drives?

The file system used may also affect the BIOS's ability to detect and boot the drive. If a FAT file-system doesn't work, try Fat32.

Remember usb drives with a capacity less than 2GB, will give you also the option to format with the FAT file system.

Usb drives with a capacity larger than 2GB will give you the option to format only with the FAT 32 file system for your usb drive to become bootable.

When the system starts press the escape key and see if the BOOT menu comes up, also are you setting the BOOT menu in BIOS to boot to the USB Drive?

Have you tested the USB drive on another system to make sure it is bootable?

Did you run the HP utility on a system with Windows XP and only one HDD and no other USD drives?

yes I did ,I going to try with xp tomorrow

but in the future ,they going to make a better way?

what about the guys with pcs that can't boot from usb drive ?

yes I believe so ,2g or less but beside that when I do the format with the tools

the 3 files don't show up I try in 3 pc's and no luck

however the drive is 4g I going to find a small one

it that don't work I am realy screewed

When you mention those 3 files don't show up,are you talking about the windows 98 files that the hp program is suppose to put on the usb stick,if you are I also notice this after the hp program finished,they are actually there but they are hidden files there not just hidden files they are hidden system files you need to go and choose show hidden system files not just the show hidden files option in folder options if you know what I mean.

For firmware update, why would it have to boot off a USB drive. Would it not be easier to have it boot off a CD/DVD?

my thoughts exactly... a bootable ISO image (with the updater files included) would have been much easier to work with: download ISO, burn to CDR, reboot system from CDROM drive, update firmware, shutdown/restart system, voila... done. well, except for the pain in the butt backup and restore part, ugh.

my thoughts exactly... a bootable ISO image (with the updater files included) would have been much easier to work with: download ISO, burn to CDR, reboot system from CDROM drive, update firmware, shutdown/restart system, voila... done. well, except for the pain in the butt backup and restore part, ugh.

I am sure that in the future they will do it easier to update

it was pain to get it to update but the reward was a hell of a benchmark now.

see that's is the price of new technology it will got some issues at beginning but the feedback from us always get them fixed

I believe that in a few years ssd will be flawless

I knew this before because I do research before buying

so I won't go crazy when it fails :roll:

Merry Christmas

Archived