Corsair Community

Eligible for replacement?

Hi,

Today I noticed the "Corsair® Re-launches Dominator GT Ultra-Performance DRAM Modules" headline and since I already have the TR3X6G2000C8GT now I'm wondering if I'm eligible for a replacement or not, I'm sorry if this seems a duplicate question but until now I haven't tested these modules yet, so I'm not sure if there would be a problem using them in the future, I'm currently in Beijing/ China and I ordered the kit online about 5-6 months ago from a sales company which was responsible of shipping the order from Hong Kong. anyway sorry for the trouble but I'm kind of lost and I wish you can advise me.

Thank you

• 4 months later...

Hello,

I hope you still remember me:) , the expected has happened, first let me tell you of my main specs:

Processor: Intel i7 980x

Mobo: Gigabyte Ex-58 Extreme.

At the beginning we needed to flash the bios in order to get the CPU running, so we replaced the processor with an earlier supported i7 CPU, the debug led on the motherboard stopped showing the error code (86) which refers to an incompatible CPU, that was a success, yet the debug led displayed another error value (C1) and yes that was Memory incompatiblity error code, the same TR3X6G2000C8GT didn't run, we tried, each chip seperately and all of them failed so we had to buy another supporing memory kit, in this case what am I supposed to do? I purchased the TR3X6G2000C8GT kit online from a company in Hong Kong then shipped to Beijing (China) and now the Kit is in another country (UAE), I'm kind of depressed of spending so much money on them to put them on the shelf, kindly your advice. thank you :)

• Corsair Employees
All of our modules are tested on a Mother Board at their tested settings before they leave our factory so it would be almost impossible you got three DOA modules from us. I would strongly suggest testing them in another system to be sure.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Synthohol and Ram Guy, pardon my ignorance but at that time as was said the newly released kit (then) would support any i7 compatible motherboard, I also believe the model's name and number were removed from the website since it's discontinued, please advise me of the officially supported motherboards for this product(particularly Gigabyte's motherboards) and would the Gigabyte EX58A UD9 support them? your help is highly appreciated, Thank you once again and sorry for the trouble

• Corsair Employees
That MB was just released and has not been added to the memory configurator is all, any X58 MB will have the same basic spec for memory so there is no problem at all. The only thing is 2000MHz is a heck of an over clock for any CPU so you may have to run them at DDR1866 until the BIOS matures a bit more.

Archived