Corsair Community

srmackey

I just purchased a custom built computer from CyberPowerPC. The manufacturer's model number for the memory they installed in it is: CM3X2G1600C9D6.

I can't find this model number on the Corsair sight anywhere. I understand this is an OEM model. Can you give me an equivalent model number that I can check out on the website so I can get the specs?

It was sold to me as Corsair Dominator RAM. I would like to verify that and also verify the memory is compatible with the motherboard I got. (My motherboard was not listed on this site's tool.) I have a Gigabyte X58A-UD7.

Thanks for the help!

1600C9 pretty much tells you the specs. 1600 MHz, 9-9-9-24. Voltage is either 1.65v or 1.8v. It is Dominator memory, just an OEM version. Can't see why they wouldn't be compatible, although ultimately compatibility would be supported by the OEM (I think).

Thanks for your response!

If you don't mind my asking, how do you know the specs? Are you sure about your answers or are you postulating?

I realize that it is 1600MHz memory. But how do you know that it is Dominator memory? Does the "C9" tell you the 9-9-9-24? And is it important for me to know the voltage? If I overclock?

This is my first high-performance computer. I just want to make sure I have all the specs and correct info before tweaking it!

Thanks!

Archived