Corsair Community

H50 pump strong enough?

ToFFo

Hi yall!

Ive been searching high and low to find an answer to this question. I found something similar in the FAQ but it didnt quite explain it.

I have the lovely Obsidian 800D case. Now I want the H50. Now that i know you can actually mod it... i REALLY want it!

But I don't want to mount it the usual way though. In the 800D case. I want to mount it so it sucks air in from the bottom. I'm getting a fan adapter so i can use the 140mm fan located on the bottom.

Is the pump strong enough to lift the water all the way from the bottom to the CPU and back down without losing too much performance or get overworked?

Damnit! Thats exactly my worry.

I don't want it to sit in the "usual" spot... Does it really have to be that close?

What about in the top? Theres plenty of room! Its pretty well hidden and it would fit up there perfectly.

But is that still too far away? If i mount it in the fan-mount closest to the CPU. Which also happens to be right above it :)

Thanks guys! I figured it might reach. My worry was jus that it might not reach since its not positioned "next to" the CPU.

I'll check it out. Can you mount fans on either side of the radiator? Does the radiator have the necessary holes in either side for this?

You don't need two sets of long screws. You use the ones that come with the H50 for attaching both a fan and radiator to the case.

When mounting an additional fan on the other side of the radiator, I used standard computer case screws, and a screwdriver small enough to go through the unused holes on the other side of the 120mm fan.

Archived