Corsair Community

Question about TRIM

Wagnard

Hi,

I have heard that TRIM only work in Win7 and with original Microsoft driver (IDE or AHCI).

Is it true that if your on AHCI (non-raid) and using "Intel Matrix Storage Manager" TRIM wont work?

Also if I fill the drive with data to test, right after deleting them does TRIM do its job or its something overtime?

Thanks

To my knowledge, only the MS ACHI driver that comes with Windows 7 actually sends the TRIM command to the drive.

This might have changed recently though. I don't keep up much with the Intel camp these days.

So long as you see MS's driver listed under the Device Manager, it will send the TRIM command.

Im using the MS AHCI driver right now. And it seem TRIM is not working with the P128 drive. Or I just don't understand how it worked. I fill and then erase the drive and the performance is not back.

Of course my P128 is flashed with the new firmware and Crystal DiskMark is reporting that I have the TRIM feature.

SO I'm lost....

• Corsair Employees
That will not happen right away, if you fill up the drive then delete the files you would need image it off the drive and then wipe with Gparted or Parted magic and quick format it to bring it back right away. Other wise with TRIM it should bring the drive back over time.

Archived