Corsair Community

an older system (a8n32 sli) compatible with ssd?

shb

HI guys

I was just wondering if there are any body that have some experiencing with older system (asus a8n32 sli deluxe mobo) running with ssd disk. I read some of the threads that ppl have had some issue with installing XP or win7 on some older systems.

So it would be great if there some ppl out there that have some comments before I go out and buy one of this disk.

And recommendation regarding X or P drives would also be great.

• Corsair Employee
Yes they will work great with that MB just remember that S-ATA controller on that MB is S-ATA so it will not be as fast as it would with a newer MB but I used that MB to do a lot of internal testing it will run great.

• Corsair Employee
LOL! DavyC is not a Corsair Employee. He just helps on the forum, there is no problem using that MB as I stated I personally used it doing testing with several SSD Drives we make. It will not be a problem that I am aware of.

• 3 years later...

Hi Ram Guy, please could you post the BIOS settings you used for your test setup. I'm experiencing issues with a Corsair 128GB. During POST the listing of devices hangs at the SSD. Please could you confirm which settings you used for your test setup?

I've tried to use the Nvidia SATA ports, which produce the above POST results. The Silicon Image SATA-II port in SATA-II mode recognises the drive but is not recognised during Windows 7 install and requires a driver.

Please could you provide me with the details you used for your setup. Just to confirm, the drive is working ok, as I have tested it in a friends new laptop.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Archived