Corsair Community

Need Help Understanding Firmware

wpruitt

I have a P128 and am confused about the new firmware and tools. There appears to be a recent release as well as something in beta. This correct and if so what is the difference between the two?

My system is x64 so it appears the recent firmware release will not work on my system...this true?

Thanks,

Buzz

X64 is not from samsung so firmware won't work for sure.

As for your P128, if you want to update it just download the firmware and tools from Ramguy thread. The new Samsung firmware and updater tool was in beta but after completed beta testing successfully it is now called released version.

The flash tool was only Beta because it was only "Known" to work on a system at Corsair. It's now been tested with many system types so it was released to everyone. The only thing this brings to the table is the ability of the consumer to flash/upgrade the firmware of thier P series SSD's.

Now the firmware is new as well but it is not Beta. It brings to the table the TRIM feature. This is an extra bonus that both items were released at the same time.

Hope that helps.

-Joe

Do I understand that the firmware update will not work n 64 bit systems? Since this is a DOS utility that wipes the drive I fail to see how 32 bit or 64 bit would matter. If you are saying that it will not work with 64 bit CPUs than it will not work with any made during the previous 5 years or so. Obviosuly this is not corect because who would get a SSD for a 5 year old computer.

Please clearify this because again all this contradictory information is really doing you, Corsair, a huge disservice.

Archived