Corsair Community

Corsair H50 -- Res/CPU Block/Pump orientation

Jet

Hello!

I had a quick question--when I installed my H50, I installed it so the Corsair logo was not horizontal (slightly twisted clockwise), because it didn't stress the tubing as much, but then realized that everyone else installs theirs with the Corsair logo flat and the tubing out the lower part. Is this an issue?

Wouldn't worry about the positioning of the logo as much as positioning the radiator tubing to have as few bends as possible. Less bends will allow the fluid flow in tubing to work better and allow to the pump to work with less load.

This is how I did mine.

http://minidriven.com/GreenMachine/H50chipsetVGAairflowarea.JPG

Hello!

I had a quick question--when I installed my H50, I installed it so the Corsair logo was not horizontal (slightly twisted clockwise), because it didn't stress the tubing as much, but then realized that everyone else installs theirs with the Corsair logo flat and the tubing out the lower part. Is this an issue?

It will not be an issue. Orienting the cooling block like that is primarily an esoteric concern but it will not affect performance. ::pirate::

from what iv'e read, orientation of the corsair logo, and radiator, should have no effect on performance of the cooler.

I myself keep the logo level, because it looks nice when you look into the window, and i have the radiator set up so the tubes come out the bottom.

Archived