Corsair Community

HELP - HX1000 Will Not Power Up My Rig

dehinson

Hello,

I have a rig with a HX1000, X58 EVGA 760 MB, 2 GTX260 VC, etc. The rig has been running fine for quite sometime. However, a fan starting making a noise, so I decided to replace it. It did a shutdown, but the rig never powered down. I waited for a few minutes and it was still running. So, I did a force down by holding the power button down.

I replaced the fan with ease. But when I went to power the rig up, nothing. The EVGA logo on the MB is lit and so is the little blue led near the ram. So, I turn the switch off on the PSU, wait for a few mintues, then switch it back and then press the power button. The fan in the PSU does like a 1/4 turn or so, but that's it.

Is the PSU hosed or what? I really need some help. The rig is less that 6 months old.

Regards, Dean.

Sometimes i have this same issue, sometimes..

All i did was make sure the motherboard headers (like external audio and power switch) were correctly inserted.

Could be that the faulty fan did not provide adequate cooling to a important part, which may have failed, leading to the symptoms you are describing.

Hopefully you just bumped some power cables, or accidentally placed a USB header from the case into the FireWire, ive done it before.

hi, I had exactly the same prob with a similar rig (X58 Classified) and in the end it turned out to be a faulty PSU (HX1000).

Now I'm beginning to think that this new one (2 weeks old) is also faulty that's why I came here.

Computer just shuts off randomly, I tried taking off ram sticks one by one and it's still doing it. Sometimes it reboots at windows load, other times it works for 15, 20, 30 minutes and then just reboots, any ideas please ?

Hello,

I re-seated all power cables, still nothing. I did do the simple test, by unplugging everything, shorting pins 13 & 14 on the MB power connector, connecting a fan to the PSU and switch on the PSU. The PSU came up and the fan functioned.

But from what I have read in these forums, that doesn't really tell you that the PSU is not without fault. What can I do now? Havin no computer ( I am using my work laptop which bars me form alot of websites and my personal e-mail), is a real :mad:.

Any ideas? Do I need to RMA the PSU?

Regards, Dean.

Computer just shuts off randomly, I tried taking off ram sticks one by one and it's still doing it. Sometimes it reboots at windows load, other times it works for 15, 20, 30 minutes and then just reboots, any ideas please ?

If your computer is sharing a powerboard with a couple of other things it can cause this to happen fairly randomly. I used to have my computer, monitor, and stereo on the same powerboard and either the computer or the stereo would turn off for no reason.

Archived