Corsair Community

High Idle Temperatures

Raul-7

Currently I'm running my i5 750 at stock speeds with only this website open and the temperatures on all 4 cores are: 41, 41, 39 and 40 respectively. I think it might be down to how I configured the water block. I have it where the tubes are point to about 60 degrees.

Is this why it is really high? Must the tubes be configred to where they are at about 180 degrees? Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

when adding the water block its best to let the natural tension of the tubes relax, the water block will naturally be angled depending on the tubes so when positioning the water block its best not to turn it too much from this angle. if you're lucky and the 'teeth' on the mounting plate matches then just screw in, but at most you should only need to rotate the block to line up to the nearest tooth. so basically you dont need to twist the water block much in order to install it. also make sure you screw in the upper plate evenly by taking turns on each screw and its diagonla neighbour 1-3 and 2-4, make adjustments of maybe 2 turns then repeat. this will hopefully apply and even pressure on the cpu. when tightening i just turned the screw driver with a gentle grip (thumb and two fingers) until it just tightened.

Currently I'm running my i5 750 at stock speeds with only this website open and the temperatures on all 4 cores are: 41, 41, 39 and 40 respectively. I think it might be down to how I configured the water block. I have it where the tubes are point to about 60 degrees.

Is this why it is really high? Must the tubes be configred to where they are at about 180 degrees? Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

You should also consider what case your running, is it a large one with lots of fresh cool air incoming or a small one? Does it have a top exhaust fan? Dont be too fast to place all the blame on the cooler as the sys as a whole is very importaint remember, a water cooling setup uses room temp air to cool so if your case gets hot or the radiator fan setup isnt proper its going to run warm. Quads also run hotter then duals, dont expect really cool min temps a water cool setup helps more with hi temps then with low cool temps again due to ambient cooling air over the radiator. Are you running a mid tower or a full tower?

Another way to see what I mean is to run a fan setup first & check hi & low operating temps THEN install the water cooling setup & do the same checks, odds are the hi loads temps is where the water setup will shine.

You can try rotating the pump head maybe it will make a diff but I doubt it, be sure if you do move it to replace the TIM ea. time tho. Your CPU outta be checked also to see if it is flat may need a lapping if it isnt as you cant cool properly with a CPU that has a lumpy top. Hold a razer edge to the CPU against a light source that test wont lie..............Best to always do that test on any new build always. Then test the CPU next to be sure it operates properly FIRST "before lapping" since lapping removes all warrantees so if its a dud you want to know before altering or else your stuck with a dud. A slight hassle yes but insurance against a wasted CPU you cannot return that you didnt know was a dud in the first place. These ideas outta help ya figure out a cooler setup. Good luck.

Archived