Corsair Community

Corsair P128 - Slow Write Performance ??

GaryHenson

Ramguy or whomever can help.

I just bought a single P128 SSD drive. I should have done some reading before going to hogwild with my P128. Sorry.

My write performance seems to be way off. Reads seems to be okay, but others are getting better results. I have attached my ATTO performance results to get your opinion.

I have a single P128 as my "C" drive with Windows 7 64b. I also have 2 WD 1.5TB drives in a RAID1 configuration.

I have my Bios set to RAID so I can support my RAID1 configuration on the WD drives.

What do I need to do to get my write performance up to par?

Thank you in advance for the help.

Gary

1959258799_ATTOResults.JPG.e8be8c115f1556b166495ba51cf56503.JPG

I was having similar issues with my P64 - I was getting circa 115MB/s read and 40MB/s write on first use after Win7 installation. I then followed this guide as not much of my data had been written... and I'm now getting ~140MB/s read and ~110MB/s write (which is down on most people's 200MB/s speeds with the P-series but I've been told not to worry!)

I has the same problem before, with 3xP64 in RAID0:

http://www.funstargate.com/media/Athar/photos/Bench/SSD/ATTO-SSD-Test-256Mb.jpg

But after applying the "guide" gived bu NickCPC, my result as been improved:

http://www.funstargate.com/media/Athar/photos/Bench/SSD/ATTO-SSD-Test2-256Mb.jpg

Thanks to NickCPC and the redactor of the guide too.

@ Yellowbeard... I think I'm using the the Intel Driver. I know ASUS has it on their installation disk. I have a ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 MB. But when I look at the SSD drive on the Device Manager it shows that I have a MS driver. However, I just checked the Storage Controller and it is the Intel ICH8-10R SATA Raid version 8.9.0.1023.

Also, I did not select ICE or AHCI mode in the Bios. I selected RAID since I have my 2 WD 1.5TB drives in a RAID1 configuration. If I don't select RAID then I don't get the next Bios screen from Intel to setup the raid confiration. Have I done this right?

@NickCPC and Athar... I will look at the guide also. Thank you.

Gary

@ RAM GUY or Whomever can Help...

I did what NickCPC suggested... Thank You NickCPC. However, my ATTO results are the same. Reads are ok, but writes are terrible. Here is what I did.... Imaged my 'c" drive with Windows7... Formatted drive with 32k... Performed a HDPARM secuirity clean... Restored Windows 7 image to the "c" drive and performed another ATTO benchmark.

My results are attached. As you can see my write results are way below what they should be.

What should I do next? Replace with another unit? Is this one defective?

Thank you again in advance.

Gary

565956619_ATTOBeforeResults.JPG.dd20725726cade3b5909eacc1010a9f5.JPG

676816519_ATTOAfterResults.JPG.f52ef4d13e055d6a88d1c4a873aec437.JPG

@ Athar.... Thank you. That fixed my problem.

I thought I read somewhere to turn this off and that it didn't help with SSD drives. That's why I had it off. I guess I better leave the write cache enabled turned on! Anyway... thank you very much for your help.

Gary

62448057_ATTOAfterWriteCacheEnabled.JPG.3ae97ca978232b4547909222f548dab3.JPG

Archived