Corsair Community

Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe + CM2X1024-6400C4DHX

anto

I tried to upgrade my memory for my desktop so I got my hands on these ram (old motherboard, slightly old ram I know), however when I plugged them in and booted, one stick didn't work, it would just let out a long beep. The other one worked fine, that is until I tried fiddling around with the placement and the order of the ram to get the second one to work. Now with either ram the computer won't boot, nothing comes up, not even the beep anymore. Sadly the original "good" ram no longer works either.

I searched around the web, updated my bios to the newest version, 1701 (was on 0202) and tried fiddling around with the bios setting, 2.00/2.05/2.10/2.15V, 4-4-4-12-2T, DDR2 533/667/800 Mhz, nothing worked. Maybe the ram isn't compatible? I could only find the non DHX version on the list, but I did see someone in this forum that had them and it worked fine for him. Perhaps I messed up the ram by plugging them in too many times? :confused:

At the moment I'm using my old Corsair Value Ram that I got when I bought my parts. Any insight would be appreciated, thanks for your time. :)

i have the same board, take out the battery for ten minutes and try your ram in the 2 slots furthest away from the CPU.

you may try just 1 stick first to set the proper voltage in the bios. then install the second stick. try auto timings first and with 2 successful boots then you can try to enter the timings manually if they aren't picked up automatically.

good luck.

Alright, I'll try that, just a few questions, do you also need to unplug the psu, after the 10 minutes, do you put the battery back in, and if I just try one stick at first, do I put it on the farthest slot? Thanks for the help man!

Damn... okay so I tried your suggestion and took out the battery, left it out for 10 minutes, put a single stick of ram into the slot furthest away from the cpu, put the battery back in, and... nope.

Then I tried taking out the battery for 20 minutes, unplug the power supply, reset cmos for 5 minutes, then put them all back in, insert the single ram again, and... nope. Then I tried it again, except I used both rams this time, and nope.

Just won't bloody post, can't even get in bios to change the voltage...

Super stumped, maybe I did something wrong in my procedure? :confused:

edit : maybe not enough power from my PSU?

hmm, just saw you are running a 390w im running a 550 but lemme ask, have you tried unplugging everything except the cpu fan, ram and video card? best to start from the ground up. and does the keyboard initialize? (usually the lights flash.)

and do try different slots one stick at a time :)

good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

okay, final update

I sent in the ram for RMA, and just got the new ones today, (4 days earlier than predicted on the site yay!) popped them in, and immediately worked, no issues at all!

I guess it was just faulty ram I had in the beginning, thanks for all the help!

Archived