Corsair Community

H50 in TT aguila case?

G4nj4

I have this case: http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Product.aspx?S=1185&ID=1439

Just purchased an H50 and Im concerned with airflow inside case after install.

I will be doing a push pull config on the H50 radiator with Silverstone FM121 fans.

My concern is airflow inside case. I see corsair recommends using the radiator as intake in the back of case.

Thing is if I do that I will have no exaust except for PSU fan, which doesnt do much exhaust. And the H50 will be intaking air and Im wondering where all this hot air is gonna go. Should I just mount it as exhaust instead of intake?

Good idea but I dont think I will get it to fit on bottom front or if the tubes will even reach bottom front. Plus im going to have 3 videos cards in there which might even further block the tubes.

If I can figure out how to add it to where the top front fan is then I guess that might work.

Im just not sure if I need th BTX upgrade kit to do that and if the two fans + radiator sandwiched will fit.

Why not install the radiator at the top front & lower the DVD below it? Man thats a nice case im kinda shocked it dosent have a top fan heck my lowely $50 case has a top fan on it. Thats the only setup to own period. Especiall If your planning 3 vid cards you outta just get a large full tower with a large top exit fan probs solved..............Ill bet that pretty looking case cost a small fortune. Looks and function do not always go hand in hand that case isnt really setup for 3 vid cards & decent cooling bud. Your setup requires a full tower & a top exhaust fan. Even my case much as i love it cant handloe 3 GPUs only 2 tops even with a top exhaust fan since its a mid tower not a full. I wouldnt even consider it without buying a monster tower first.

Why not install the radiator at the top front & lower the DVD below it? Man thats a nice case im kinda shocked it dosent have a top fan heck my lowely $50 case has a top fan on it. Thats the only setup to own period. Especiall If your planning 3 vid cards you outta just get a large full tower with a large top exit fan probs solved..............Ill bet that pretty looking case cost a small fortune. Looks and function do not always go hand in hand that case isnt really setup for 3 vid cards & decent cooling bud. Your setup requires a full tower & a top exhaust fan. Even my case much as i love it cant handloe 3 GPUs only 2 tops even with a top exhaust fan since its a mid tower not a full. I wouldnt even consider it without buying a monster tower first.

Ill try and install it in top front but I just dont see any mounting holes there.

Getting a new case is out of the question, santas list doesnt go that far ;)

This case didnt cost much, was 160 with 80 dollar rebate.

Now if I cant get the H50 radiator in front as intake and I absolutely must mount it in the back, should I set it to exaust?

You have any metal working skills? Probably could quite easily make brackets for the fan & radiator up front from stock from a local Hardware shop. Get some small thin steel stock & drill a few holes & add a few screws walla! Take the front cover off & id bet its really not hard to do. Would definatly cool the best & give ya bragging points.

Archived