Corsair Community

HX1000 Fan clicking

Shad0w

I have just got a HX1000 to replace my TX850 which I was having problems with and have just noticed that this new powersupplies' fan makes a clicking sound. It is completely innaudible while running because of the other fans in my system but I can hear the clicking when the PC shuts down and the PSU fan slows down. I unplugged all my other fans and ran the PC without them so I can confirm that it IS the PSU fan, but it is very quiet while running and the clicking gets louder while the fan is spinning down until it stops.

All I really want to know is that since I don't notice the clicking is this something that I should RMA for or just not worry about since it isn't causing me any issues?

Well, I have requested an RMA and am waiting for confirmation but I cannot be without my PC nor can I particularly afford to pay for shipping from Australia which would become rather expensive and I believe from reading up on other's experience with fan related problems that it may be due to the batch of PSUs having bad fans so I would rather get a replacement that is from a different batch. Would I have any options for replacement possibly with a crossover shipment? How would I contact someone to disscuss this considering that I am in Australia?

Archived