Corsair Community

I have 2 kits of TWIN2X4096-6400C5 (differents voltages)

MrArarat

Let me detail it for you:

Last year I bought a kit of TWIN2X4096-6400C5, and on the label it reads: 1,9 V.

Last week I decided to upgrade RAM, and I bought another of those kits, but this time, the label on the module read: 1,8 V.

So, I decided it shouldn't be too much hassle to make my rig work with the 4 modules. Obviously, I was wrong.

This is what happens, when i plug the 4 modules, i get no post, no bios beep, no nothing.

I've been trying for the last 4 days to make it work how its supposed to, but I'm not been able to.

I know, because I read it here at this forums, that I have to increase the voltage at Bios, and stuff like that, but I'm afraid that I do something wrong and fry the MB.

Could you give me some pointers to start trying to get this PC up?

(Extra question: Could it be possible that if im rebooting too much my pc, and switching RAM's modules, it affects the software I have installed on Windows 7 64bits? I mean, if i switch the modules or do something with the bios, my Avast! antivirus stops working and I have to reinstall it... the same happens with Steam... Is this related to RAM issues or what?):!:

Check the VERSION NUMBER. They're probably different, which indicates different ICs, which is why there's different voltage requirements for each pair. All of this is one of the many reasons why it's not recommended to mix packs.

You can try 667 Mhz.

Archived