Corsair Community

Asus Maximus III Formula and CMG4GX3M2A1600C7

Peukon

Hi everyone,

I just order my new desktop (first one in 10 years), but now that it's in transit I read there might be problems with the RAM I've chosen for the MB.

The RAM is the (nicely matching) CMG4GX3M2A1600C7 - Corsair Dominator GT DDR3 1600MHz 4GB

Should I just return them and get some more compatible memory (like the CMD4GX3M2A1600C8)?

/ Peter

I have the CMD4GX3M2A1600C8, was a bit tough in the beginning, your going to have to do a lot of tweaking. But u should be fine, and on top of that vip.asus.com has just released a new bios update and ive been so far so good. Just make sure u register on the VIP site and get the new bios in ASUS MAXIMUS III fourm.

I hope I will not have to tweak to much (never tried it before). Where did you find the new BIOS, I looked everywhere but the latest version I can find is 1105. Your RAM would have been my safe bet (a lot of sites has used them even with the Maximus III), so it would seem I just have to get the ones I have to work :)

I found a post on the ASUS board:

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20091111035429000&board_id=1&model=Maximus+III+Formula&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

...and I got really scared, especially since CMG4GX3M2A1600C7 doesn't figure on the ASUS QVL or as compatible RAM on in the Corsair Memory Configurator for the Maximus III: http://corsair.com/configurator/product_results.aspx?id=1092663

I do hope they work, because they match the Maximus III so well :)

Hi everyone,

I just order my new desktop (first one in 10 years), but now that it's in transit I read there might be problems with the RAM I've chosen for the MB.

The RAM is the (nicely matching) CMG4GX3M2A1600C7 - Corsair Dominator GT DDR3 1600MHz 4GB

Should I just return them and get some more compatible memory (like the CMD4GX3M2A1600C8)?

/ Peter

Hi Peter!

I've two kits of those memory and they work fine on MIIIF.

Hi Peter!

I've two kits of those memory and they work fine on MIIIF.

I'm so glad to hear that :)

I really hope they work for me too, where they difficult to set up?, or did they just work out of the box?

Also it shouldn't matter that I have an i5 750 processor should it?

Archived